25. Happy Christmas

*Not edited*

Harry Styles

Christmas music hummed through the air quietly, filling the downstairs from the record player in Stella's living room.

It was currently a little bit after midnight and both kids were long since asleep, that Stella Rose made sure of.

We were currently sat in the living room floor with my mum wrapping some last minute Christmas gifts for the kids.

My mom has flown in a couple days prior to Christmas to celebrate with Stella, the kids, her family, and I. Stella was practically shitting bricks over meeting my mother but she really had nothing to worry about.

I talked more about Stella to my mum than I would ever admit to her and when my mum made it clear to Stella Rose that I spoke the world of her, I'm pretty sure my face had never been redder.

"Well, my lovelies. It is far past my bedtime, I think I'm going to head off to bed so I'm rested for the excitement tomorrow morning!" Mum sighed, placing the last of the presents under the tree as we all began to gather the trash and wrapping supplies to clean up our tracks.

"Of course, Anne. Thank you so much for all your help."  Stella grinned, hugging her tightly.

"It's no problem at all! I miss this excitement now that my babies are all grown up." Mum pouted her lip out, moving her attention to me. She cupped my cheeks in her hands, cooing at me as I whined, knowing my cheeks were flushed, before she envelopes me in a hug, "Goodnight, love. See you all bright and early!"

"Night, mum." I called out as she made her way up the stairs, leaving only Stella and I downstairs.

Stella sighed, flopping back on the coach with an overdramatic groan before letting her head flop to face me. She held her arms out as a child would, making grabby hands for me to come over to her.

I couldn't help but chuckle as I shuffled over, dramatically falling onto her, both of us laughing as I peered up, brushing her hair from her eyes.

"I need a drink." She said after a few moments, making both of us burst into laughter again.

"Well, you're in luck." I smirked, "I happen to know a wonderful recipe involving hot chocolate and caramel vodka."

"You're speaking my love language right now." Stella stated matter-of-factly, planting a dramatic kiss on my lips and allowing me to lead her into the kitchen.

She hopped on the island as I grabbed us two mugs and filled them with milk- oat milk, Stella's non-dairy milk of choice she'd gotten me hooked on as well.

As they warmed in the microwave, I prepared some chocolate syrup, marshmallows, and coconut milk whipped cream (Stella and I are both lactose intolerant).

Both the drinks were mixed and I topped them off with the caramel vodka I had found at the store the other day before finishing them off with the toppings.

Stella Rose squealed in excitement as I approached her with the warm drink, handing one to her as I spotted myself to stand between her legs as we both dipped them.

Stella let out a moan, "Jesus Christ this is incredible." I chuckled before she smiled, tugging me forward with her hand at the back of my neck to kiss me sweetly, "Thank you, my love."

"Of course." I hummed, leaning in to her to lock our lips again.

We continued chatting, discussing which gifts we figured would be the biggest hit tomorrow. I claimed Stevie's special made Elsa dress would garner the most excitement while she believed that Ford's toy kitchen would be the center of joy on Christmas morning. Little did Stella Rose know I had quite the surprise hidden up my sleeve that I knew would take the cake.