Ill-Placed Bets

hEY HEY HEY (STAY OUTTA MY SHED) I AM SO SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN LIKE INFINITY (war lololol i hate myself) YEARS SCHOOL CAN SUCK MY TOES AND YEAH LET'S GET ON WITH THE STORY AJFIROEWHGRIUESWV NWOPI

---------

Peter tried to sneak through the window to his room very quietly, unbeknownst to him that his best friend, Ned, was sitting in astonishment: Peter freaking  Parker was the Spider-Man. Oh my god, did I inhale my neighbor's weed cloud? Wait, no one smokes weed at the apartments...DID I SMOKE WEED AM I HIGH AGHWIUGQIGUQIWH. Ned's mind seemed to go a mile a minute, trying to piece together the not-so-subtle hints Peter had dropped unintentionally. After all, the two best friends could not keep secrets for their lives

Peter dropped onto his room's floor, soon startled by the loud crash behind him. He whipped his head around, seeing the last bits of the Lego Death Star that Ned had built shatter to pieces. His brown eyes widened, realizing that he both flaked out on Ned for Spider-Man duties and let him find out his secret identity.

"What was that?" May called out from the kitchen. Peter yelled back, "dUH NOTHing nOTHINg!"

Ned went on to freak out about the fact that Peter was the "Spider-Man from YouTube". Peter tried to cover up his mistake, knowing that the mistake was too big to try to cover up. When he gave up (pretty quickly might i add lmao), he explained to Ned that he cannot, under any circumstances, let out that he is Spider-Man. He further drove his point home by using Aunt May as a perfect example of why his secret can't be let out. Peter concluded his little rant with making Ned swear to never tell and explained that this was the Stark Internship. As Ned was about to leave his eyes widened in realization. He turned towards Peter, quietly asking, "Do you know Y/N Stark?" Peter paused for a moment before answering, "Yeah I kind of maybe made out with her and we're basically boyfriend-girlfriend..." Ned's eyes widened even more if that was even possible.

"We are?" Y/N smirked, closing the window behind her. Ned and Peter stopped dead in their tracks, giving each other a look before turning towards her. Peter opened his mouth to say something, only to have a small squeak form from his vocal chords. Y/N chuckled and made her way over to Ned, who was slack-jawed at the fact that Tony Stark's daughter was in his presence. "Ned, it's great to finally meet the guy that has claimed the title of Peter's 'best friend'. I'm warning you, though...I'm coming for that title!" Y/N's laughter heightened as she approached Ned's deer-in-the-headlights stance. She held her hand out for a handshake, being the polite lady her father taught her to be (damn right).  Ned slowly looked down at her hand, then looked at Peter, unsure of whether he should shake Y/N Stark's hand. Peter gave him a look that said, "Do it, you idiot!"

.....

"Hey Ned, are you just leave me hanging?" Y/N still kept her hand, waiting for him to respond. Ned quickly came out of his daze and vigorously shook Y/N's hand, rambling on and on about how stoked he is to meet Y/N and that he is so sorry ("so sorry sir so sorry" anYWAYs) that he took his title before Y/N could. Y/N decided to not let Ned know that it was a joke; after all, she was Tony Stark's daughter and liked to verbally torment people she talked to.

-back at the Stark Tower bc i'm actually terrible ;)-

"Hey, so back there--when I was saying that we were 'basically boyfriend-girlfriend'--I didn't mean it...I mEAN UNLESS YOU WANT TO THEN I AM FINE WITH THAT OR IF YOU DON'T THAT'S OK TOO I JUST--" Peter was cut off by Y/N's lips crashing into his. It was a very soft kiss (for the soft boi) despite Y/N's sudden burst of impatience from Peter's rambling. Peter responded quickly, grabbing her waist to pull her closer. Y/N ran her hands through Peter's hair, messing up its perfectly gelled state. At this point of the night, Peter didn't care: he just wanted to kiss Y/N as much as he possibly could. 

When the two pulled back, Y/N placed her hands on Peter's cheeks. Both of the geniuses looked at the other with eyes of pure adoration, taking in this moment as much as they could. Y/N was the first to speak up.

"Peter, will you be my boy--"

"Wait, aren't I supposed to ask you that question?"

"Peter, neither of us have been in a relationship. How do you think I know?"

"I don't know (i can just imagine him squeaking this out,,,omG MY HORMONES BYE) I just assumed that you would know!"

"I mean I don't blame you, I seem to come off that I know everything but--"

"AnYWaY--Y/N, will you do me the greatest honor of letting me call you 'mine' and be my girlfriend?" Peter stopped breathing, thinking that Y/N would reject him. Y/N closed her eyes and giggled at his tense posture, his hands that were almost gripping her waist too tightly. "Of course, Peter. To be quite honest with you, I was waiting for you to ask me," Y/N opened her eyes to see Peter's reaction, an even more tense expression than before. 

"WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING??"

"Well, I figured that you would have figured by the second week after we first kissed, but DAMN are you oblivious!" Y/N emphasized the "damn" so much that it echoed throughout the current floor they were on (Y/N's floor). She laughed to herself as she saw Peter's face turn cherry red.

"Underoos! How the hell are you so book smart and not know when to ask out my daughter?" Tony snickered over the intercom. This only made Y/N laugh harder, and Peter was equivalent to a rubber band about to snap because of how stressed he was in this situation (me too tbh).

"Oh just wait until I get my money from Bruce and Clint! Hohohoho they're gonna be so pissed!" Tony wiggled excitedly in his chair, his version of a victory dance.

"Wait wait wait...you placed a bet on mY LOvE LifE???" Y/N squeaked in a menacing way (idfk). 

"Uh oh," Peter and Tony said in unison as Y/N found her way to Tony.

---------

HELLO SO THIS SUCKED BUT I FEEL SO BAD FOR NOT POSTING IN SO LONG PLEASE FORGIVE ME I'M A VERY BUSY PERSON 

ALSO!!!! 72.2K READS?????? holy ok

i love y'all so much uGH

love,

audrey!