1

Rain drops trickle down the car window...

You watch as the scenery quickly comes and goes, nothing in particular catches your eyes. You just stare blankly at the window. Only thoughts flood your mind.

Maybe your happy at this new opportunity....
or... are you afraid?

Your mom sent you away, hoping that maybe.... you'll be safe

~Flashback~

"Get outta my face!!"

Your step dad yells at your mom, but this is nothing new...

"Please... calm down" your mom says in a gentle but shaky voice.

He looks over at your mom... his eyes filled with anger.

"How dare you tell me what to do.. you bitch"

You hear a loud slap, you assume that he had slapped your mom across her face. But after that there was only...
Silence.

Curiosity got the best of you, so you quietly peeked through the door. Only to see your mom on the floor caressing her cheek. You looked up to see your step dad looking down at your mom with anger. But then...
His eyes made his way to yours.
You froze out of fear.
He slowly started making his way to you.
But you quickly closed the door and locked it.

"Y/N open this door!! Right now!"

You shutter at fear as he starts banging on the door. You begin to cry but quickly cover your mouth to ensure that no noise escapes your lips.

"Please leave her alone" your mom says quietly but firm.

He looks down on his wife, and kicks her off him.

"Shut up woman"

Your legs get weak and you fall to the floor.

"Y/N!"

~End of Flashback~

Your father had died while you were still very young, but even so you still remember him so well.
You remembered the way he would always comfort you and would tell you that everything would be okay. The way he always made you laugh and smile.

Your step dad was nothing compared to your actual father. The only comfort he knew of was harming you and your mom.

You shiver at the thought of your step dad, but your thoughts get interrupted by a voice.

"We're here miss"

You glance at the driver and hand him some cash.

"Thank you"

You get out of the vehicle and watch as it drives off. You sigh.
You look up at the place where you will be staying... for a while.

An apartment duplex. You couldn't stay with any other family members cause well you don't have anyone else besides your mom.

~FlashBack~

Before entering your house, someone's pulls you away. You look up to see your mom.

"Y/N here"

You look down to see an envelope, you look back up at your mom and tilt your head.
She bitterly smiles, as her eyes begin to tear up.

"I want you to get out of here.... we- I've been bringing you down.... I don't want you to suffer anymore"

Your eyes start swelling up with tears.

"Mom..."

"I want you to live your own life... where there will only be happiness waiting for you"

She looks down at your hands and caresses then.

"But mom... I can't just leave you here"

She looks up at you with a smile and tears flowing down her cheeks.

"Don't worry about me... I'll be fine"

She reassures you by placing her hand on your cheek, and wipes away your tears.

"It's time for me to let go of my baby"
She says with a smile.

You pull her into an embrace, you hold onto her tightly. Your tears hitting her shoulders while her tears also do the same. You hear a voice coming from inside the house.

"Y/N are you home yet"

You shiver at his voice.

"Where are you?"
He begins to laugh...

"Are we playing a game of hide and seek?"

Your mom quickly pushes you away from her, but you still hold onto her sleeves, shaking your head. Tears stream from your eyes. She looks at you with sadness in her eyes. But she pulls your hands away from her.

"Go" she's says quietly.

"Go.... please"

You slowly start stepping back.

"Go!"

You turn around and start running, you look back to see your mom smiling but tears still stream down her cheeks.

~End of Flashback~

Tears stream down your eyes, you both cry and smile thinking of your mom.

You look up at your new start and smile.

~~~
I hope you enjoyed this.
I've been wanting to write a story for a while and I was able to get to do it finally. I was actually a little emotional for me to write this.. I love my mom and I would hate to leave her like this..
*puts hand on chest*
Anyways hope you like this and stick around for more! 💜💜