Clashing Steel and Energy

Six was slightly upset that everyone knew about the duel.
he wanted it to be kept secret so he could get it over with but it's to late for that now.
He didn't wanna make it public fearing it could hinder the peace talks.
But looking around Six saw that Lord Hood was actually happy for the Spartan and had a genuine smile on his face.

"Lord Hood I didn't expect you of all people to be okay with this."
Six said motioning towards lord Hood in confusion.

"Well Noble you've seemed stressed since coming here your good at hiding it but it still slips through."

"But won't this duel effect the negotiations?"

"Indeed it will spartan; however, if you win the duel it will actually work in our favor."

"How so?"
Six questioned

"Noble, you see the Sangheili hold honor above all else winning the duel should grant you a multitude of reverence giving us a bit more of a grip on terms for the negotiations."

"Great."

"Don't forget you got us Six!"
One marine shouted from the crowd.

"Yeah we'll all be there count on it!"

Six wanted to sigh but pushed the feeling aside.
Just as he was about to walk away Iris stepped out of one of the bathrooms.

"Wait... what's going on with Six?"
Iris asked confused as to what was happening with the spartan.

"He picked a fight with an elite and now he's gonna duel him tonight in the court yard."
Coal said turning to face Iris.

"Whaaat? Six is this true?"

"More or less.."

"Damn it Six I'm gone for two minutes and you've already screwed things up."
Iris said jokingly but sternly at Six

" yeah, yeah I get it."
Six said turning around and waving at Iris with the back of his hand as he walked off down the hall this time completely alone with Tievva putting her hands together a bit nervous for the spartan

"So what's gonna happen at the duel?"
Iris said looking at Tievva remembering that she was at lunch earlier.

"Well this isn't a dangerous duel it should mostly be hand to hand combat."

"Oh that's not so bad."

"Well that's if Suttevv doesn't allow his pride get the better of him and challenge the spartan to a fight to the death."

"Oh..."
Iris gulped a bit anxiously.

Six walked back down the halls this time he had most of the area memorized except for the areas he hadn't gone down yet.
But finding his room should be easy.
Going down the halls the clanking of steel boots just as before a few twists and turns and Six arrived to his room.

Walking towards his door he grabbed the handle but before he turned the knob he could hear a faint yelling coming from the room above and across from his. Remembering that it was Tevvas room Six decided to listen in on the conversation.