chapter 3~ hard night

Max

I dusted my pants off and sat on the edge of the bed.

This house was big, not fake big but real big.

I looked around and noticed how boring the room seemed. My room at my parents place was all decked out. I had posters, murals, and just plain walls.

I sighed and went to my bag and suitcase and screwed around with my clothes. I also made sure my money was still there.

I heard the sound of heels clicking on the hardwood floors, I turned around and Demi was leaning in the door way with her arms crossed. She had a smirk on and was basically watching my every move.

"You know your allowed to put your clothes in the drawers right?" I slowly nodded and stood up.

"I...know I can its just that...I feel kinda safer with them in the suitcase and bag." Demi tilted her head and took a step forward. She sat on the bed and stared at me.

"start talking, your hiding something from me, I can tell" I looked at her with confusion written on my face. I was technically hiding the fact that I had money but I didnt find it important.

"I'm not hiding anything, I'm nervous" Demi looked at me and seemed to sense some type of bullshit.

She stood up and stood in front of me, she pushed my hair from my face and shook her head. "I'm taking you to get your hair cut later in the week" I went to speak but she held her finger to my mouth.

I felt nervous but I couldn't do anything. I walked backwards and sat back on the bed. Demi chuckled and turned around.

"Dinner ready, be down stairs in five minutes" she called over her shoulder.

I sighed and rubbed my face and stood up. I opened one of the doors in the room and was lucky enough for it to be the bathroom.

I quickly washed my hands and dried them.

I took a deep breath and walked down stairs. I saw Demi in the kitchen with plates of food.

Demi turned around and smiled at me.

"Hope you like Macaroni and cheese. I also made a grilled cheese sandwiches as well as some chips." I nodded and hesitantly walked over to the counter.

Demi quickly washed a pan in the sink and the wiped her hands off.

She turned towards me and raised her eyebrows. "Jeez, you don't have to be so scared of me. I'm not gonna bite...unless you want me to" she whispered the last part. I felt myself become more nervous.

She pointed to the table and brought the plates over. I sat down as she placed a plate in front of me.

I gave a half smile and started to eat.

The food was good, I can't lie. It wasn't anything like my mom's food but it was a definite close second.

I kept eating but I could feel Demi staring at me. I looked up and saw her chewing but she was looking at me.

I took in a breath and spoke.

"Sorry if I'm like bothering you or anything. Or if I in the future bother you." Demi looked at me and gave a sympathetic smile.

Demi finished chewing and shook her head.

"You aren't bothering me. You most likely won't bother me. You're quiet and nice. Remember, you ever need something just come to me. And hey, if you ever need hugs just ask." I took another bite of food and nodded.

We sat in silence for what seemed like ages before she spoke up.

"I forgot to mention I already have a DVD in the player and I was gonna watch a movie, Im wondering if you be happy to join me?" I almost choked on my food, I took a sip of water and gave a small cough. I nodded my head and cleared my throat.

Just the idea of being around her extra time made my heart skip a few beats.

Demi smiled and wiped her face. We were both done eating so we went and cleaned the dishes together.

Once we were done washing the dishes Demi went to the living room and turned the T.V. on.

"I'll be right back, gonna change into my pajamas" Demi nodded and pulled out her phone. I walked upstairs and put on my colorful sweatpants and my explore hoodie. I kept my socks on and walked back down stairs.

When I got to the bottom of the stairs I saw Demi sprawled on the couch

When I got to the bottom of the stairs I saw Demi sprawled on the couch. She sat up and smiled.

"get your ass over here, I'm getting impatient" I chuckled and walked over.

I plopped onto the couch and leaned back, Demi stared at me and then moved closer.

I crossed my legs pushed my body into the corner of the couch

Demi pressed play and the screen lit up. I kept my eyes on the screen but I could feel Demi looking at me. I looked to the cable box and saw that it was already ten at night. I felt the couch dip a little, I looked over and was face to face with Demi.

I moved my head back and then stared at my feet.

"I'm going to bed, tired. Night." I went to stand up but Demi grabbed onto my arm.

I looked at her and saw that she seemed sad.

She pulled me back to the couch and I fell back against it.

"Why are you so scared of me? Honey I'm not gonna do anything." Demi pulled me towards herself and hugged me. I felt my body become less tense. It felt right to be hugging her.

We pulled apart and I lowered my head.

Demi lifted my head and just stared at me.

"I think you have a crush on me." My eyes went wide with shock.

Last thing I wanted to hear from her was that. I apparently cant hide shit, no matter what.

Demi titled her head but had a smirk on her face.

"Hmm? Am I wrong?" I went to speak but instead a tiny little squeak came out. Demi smiled and laughed at my shyness. I looked down and hid my face, I was bright red and I wasn't good at hiding it.

Demi lifted my head and pulled me into her lap.

"Its okay honey, if it makes it any better I had a crush on you since I saw you in the coffee shop" I looked up and felt shy again.

I hid my face with my hoodie sleeves and let out a groan.

Demi pulled my sleeves away and gave a gentle smile.

"have you had your first kiss?" I blushed even more but shook my head.

"awwwww, then that might make this a bit more special" I looked up and was about to question it but before I could Demi leaned down and kissed me.

I froze in place but I kissed back.

This is gonna make for a hard night.