chapter 8- meeting new people

Max

"Okay, so. You don't have to worry. These people are part of my team and management, none of them will get mad at you. They may ask a thousand times if you have any contact with certain  things, but you'll be fine.", I sighed and rubbed my eyes.

Demi had been drilling it into my head for the last twenty minutes that her team weren't out on a witch hunt for me. They just wanted the best for her.

Suddenly the door bell rang. Demi jumped up and ran to the door, sliding along the hardwood floor as she got to the door.

She opened it and let out a happy noise.

It may have been a squeal, I don't know, It was a noise and it sounded good.

I could hear chatter from the doorway.

My palms became more and more sweaty as the seconds rolled by.

The door closed and I heard Demi speaking.

"Yeah, she's in the living room...be nice, she's a bit scared to meet people.", I turned around and saw a small group of people walk into the living room.

All of them smiled, one person didn't but hey, can't please everyone.

Demi walked over and sat next to me, everyone sat near or stood.

"So this is the elusive Max?", I smiled and chuckled a little.

"I guess elusive could describe me...in a way.", Demi let out a quiet giggle, I felt her hand make it's way over to mine.

She gave me a small squeeze and talked with everyone.

"So, how exactly did you get in contact with Demi?", I looked over at the guy. He had an a small accent, of what I didn't know.

I turned and looked at Demi and saw her face get red. "It's not important guys, all you need to know is that she's a good kid, just a troubled in some aspects.", A couple of the people nodded but one person just stared.

"Demi, can I speak to you for a moment? In private?", Demi glanced at the guy and nodded.

She stood up and walked into the hallway with the guy.

I sat in silence, scared to speak or do something wrong. "Sorry about him, he's Demi's manager, he's a bit protective of her.", I nodded.

I could understand the want to protect her, she's a good person and didn't need bad influences around her.

"How old are you by the way?", I looked up at the woman. She had blonde hair and looked to be in her twenty's.

"Twenty.", The woman scrunched up her face in confusion.

"Demi said you were in highschool...", I sighed and scratched at my neck a little.

"Yeah...um...I stayed back a few times.", the woman nodded.

"Oh! I'm Kelsey by the way, Demi's assistant.", I nodded and fiddled with my fingers.

Suddenly Demi came back into the room with her manager behind her. Demi smiled a little but looked super pissed. She sat next to me again and just crossed her legs.

"Well I think we should get going, let Max here get settled with Demi.", I looked at her manager and saw that he seemed bored.

Everyone was silent but they slowly got up.

Demi got up as well and just showed them to the door, no bye's or anything. I sat on the couch and stayed quiet, waiting for her to come back.

Once I heard the door close I turned around and saw Demi, she looked pissed.

Her hands were fists by her sides.

I just sat and bit my lip, trying to not get her even more mad.

"I swear to god he is the most annoying sometimes.", she huffed and walked over, flopping down on the couch.

She leaned against me, laying her head on my chest.

I was a bit shocked. I moved my arm over and wrapped it around her shoulder, pulling her so she would be in a more comfortable position.

She moved and just snuggled against me.

She moved her head and looked up at me, smiling a little.

"Thanks for...this...I guess.", I nodded and just hugged her, not really having words to say anything.

"I'm sorry by the way about my manger. He basically told me he wants you tested for drugs every week, no matter what. That's until he can trust you.", I sucked in a huge breath and nodded.

I never touched drugs but the idea that someone was so worried that they'd go to that length, that scared me.

"That's not gonna be a problem..right?", I shook my head.

"No issue here, never touched anything, never will.", Demi chuckled and snuggled farther into my arms.

We sat around for a few minutes, no talking or anything, just silence.

Suddenly Demi sat up and turned to me. She smiled and just stared at me.

"Can I question the stare?", She giggled a little and shrugged.

She sat back again and leaned against me like before.

I held up my hands a little, confused on what just went down.

"You wanna do go do something?", I looked down and shrugged.

"Sure I guess. You can rightfully choose.", Demi sighed and thought for a moment.

"Watch videos, eat snacks and nap.", I laughed and nodded.

"Okay, sounds like a plan to me. Where shall we have this watching videos, eating snack and nap?", Demi stood up and stretched a little.

"My room, lets go.", I was about to get up but Demi grabbed my arms and yanked me up. She pulled me up to the point where I slammed into her a little.

"Jeez..", Demi chuckled and stared up at me, I smiled and just stood.

Without warning Demi stood on her toes and planted a kiss on my lips.

It was fast and done in a matter of seconds.

When she stood normally I felt my face heat up.

Demi laughed and little and grabbed my hand, she stood on her toes again, whispering to me.

"Lets go have some fun."

So this story still exists.

Yea, sorry for not updating for what seems like years.

I know it was short but its better than nothing.
Hope y'all enjoyed.