-do you]

"happy saturday, namjoon! do you have that form i asked of you yesterday?" mrs. cranston sits on her desk, lifting the lid of her candy jar. there are sugary prints staining the outside of the glass. namjoon nods and shifts so he's facing the door more than the rest of the room, hand on the handle for a quick getaway. "do you want me to close the door or leave it-" the counselor waves him away, chewing on her gross, sugary twizzler as if her life depends on it. "you can close it."

namjoon sits down in the chair like last time, opening the folder to pull out the class request form. the papers are prominently less congested than yesterday's stack- a small feat the teen is proud of. most of the files were just welcoming brochures that he's seen hundreds of times already.

"alright, lets get started. so as a junior, your mandatory classes are world history, algebra 2, english and physics- or some other full year science course if too much math is your forte." she stands up from her spot on the desk and walks behind to pull up a document on her screen. her words turn into mush in namjoon's brain. "from the looks of it, you're already done with your science and math credits. i recommend at least one class to show the colleges you're willing to continue working. any ideas?"

namjoon hates this counselor so much for making him take a science. it's why he finished his credits last year, for crying out loud. instead of letting the hatred get the best of him, he thinks carefully about the class he wants to choose. "how about earth and space?" for a second, namjoon takes off his glasses to wipe them while mrs. cranston begins to fill out the sheet when the door swings open to reveal a boy, tall like a beacon, which seems to be the only thing namjoon can gather from the brief encounter without 20/20 vision.

the kid looks vibrant against the dull shade of power blue that colors the walls, hair a silvery blue, his jacket a bright crimson red. and namjoon can't see shit except the fuzziness of this person's outline and the colors from their fascinating fashion choices. "please wait for me outside, dear, until i'm done with my new friend, namjoon." namjoon doesn't exactly rush to put his glasses on, but that's what happens. he only catches a glimpse of the boy's backside when the door closes.

"sorry about that! he usually comes in around this time, i guess i just forgot to tell him yesterday. he's one of my favorite sophomores, but man is he a little troublemaker sometimes." she continues to talk about the blurry stranger while namjoon waits for her, smoothly uncaring of her irrelevant testimonies. "i almost got you a room with him, but sometimes things can't work that way. hoseok was a much safer option for every party involved."

"alright mr. kim, almost done! here's your schedule for monday and this is my schedule for the next three months. feel free to pop in and talk about anything. i wrote down the date to look over your applications. you're all set, namjoon." maybe its from the fact that she has another student waiting outside for her outside, but mrs. cranston finishes the session quicker than expected. namjoon is glad to be out before lunch since he missed breakfast hours.

he walks past the boy from earlier, however, said boy is turned in the opposite direction, ripping at pieces of a muffin and shakily putting them in his mouth.

namjoon makes it back to his dorm room in five minutes, stopping every so often to admire a bright orange fox near the grassy field. he pulls out his key and unlocks the door, unexpectedly being met with hoseok and a... friend smacking lips together and hold on, its the small angry dude from yesterday. namjoon quickly shuts the door, accidentally pinching his finger on the way out. he hears a "fuck- what was that?" from the other side before the door is successfully closed all the way.