-i believe] : epilogue

"i had a thought, dear, however scary, about that night- the bugs and the dirt.

june, two years later

the day of jungkook's graduation rolls around. back home, namjoon is still scrambling to squeeze into the outfit one of the companies he's sponsoring sent him when taehyung busts into the bathroom, eyeliner messy all over his eyelids. "tae, what in hell's name is on your face?" the younger of the two is bouncing onto the marble counter, face almost pushed up on the mirror. "i fucked up! can you do my face, joonie?" 

he sighs, sliding his arms through the wool sweater before pulling taehyung to the edge of the counter, watching his long slender legs hang over the counter. "you," he starts, using a make-up wipe to clean off the initial mess. "you cutie, shouldn't be allowed to play with makeup. look up." he starts off fine, a small lined wing on one side and a larger wing on the other. he goes back to touch up the other side only to accidentally smudge it onto taehyung's cheek. 

"hold on, babe," namjoon whispers quietly before turning around and peaking his head out of the doorway. "jimin! help!" the shorter male runs all the way down the hall, clips in his hair and comb in his hand. "what's going on?" one peak inside and he sighs. "i got it. go finish changing, joon." he stands on his tip toes to place a peck on his tall boyfriend's lips.

why were you digging? what did you bury before those hands pulled me from the earth? 

"honey, your hair's still a mess." seokjin's hands find his lilac curls, parting it to see his forehead. he looks so focused on namjoon's hair, he doesn't notice yoongi snake his arms around the youngest, face buried into his back. "go finish up, we leave in ten." seokjin turns almost too fast, focused only on getting taehyung and jimin to finish- god bless their very gay souls getting it on in the bathroom.

"you look cute in this sweater. keep it." as usual, the older is man of few words, only saying what needs to be said. he accompanies his words with a kiss to namjoon's nape, though, knowing full well how much the other loves his warm kisses to hotter skin. they melt into each other like ice cream left outside for too long. it's hoseok fumbling to put his pants on that puts them back in the freezer, still melted into each other, but attentive and focused.

hoseok manages to get the baggy jeans up his waist and uses his thin red belt to keep them from sagging back down. he has a baggy striped polo tucked into his pants and a beret that has him looking so aesthetic- so aesthetic. namjoon probably got some of the items in the mail from sponsors and hoseok probably kept them for himself- not that anyone minds, especially not when he looks like that.

i will not ask you where you came from. i will not ask and neither should you.

the six boys are jammed in the car, two of them with no makeup on and very messy lips, the other four, chirping on and on about returning back to cascata academy for the final time- (not really, as they'd probably come back to say goodbye to other friends, probably). seokjin pulls into the parking garage he spent oh-so-many years in with his car. the walk down the sloping hill to the front gates seems longer for some reason, the air stoic with finality.  hoseok and namjoon hold hands while walking into the academy one last time.

they walk with the many droves of guests into the auditorium, choosing to stand on the balcony altogether to watch from afar. the ceremony starts and it takes a full hour of names for jungkook's name to get called. they all have cameras and phones out, ready to capture their youngest on the most important day of his teenage life. and he looks brilliant, vibrant evergreen cap and gown capturing everyone's attention. his cap is decorated with only one word on it: bloomsbury. 

it's another hour and a half of name-calling and hand-shaking before they're allowed to take their small bun home. they meet him at the lake as promised, camera set up to take a picture of all seven of them. it's rushed, feet stepping on feet, hands gripping onto places they shouldn't be in broad daylight. jungkook's in the middle, diploma raised to his chest and a shy smile on his pretty face. with some help, he takes the gown off and discards it on the side somewhere as each of the boys has their turn to take a picture with him.

namjoon's last, arm prepared to sling around the other's shoulder when it's empty. he looks over at the spot to see jungkook down on one knee, his cap switched to say: husbands? namjoon gets on his knees and hugs jungkook, frantically nodding and whispering yes over and over. when the seven finally leave, they understand that even if they come back to greet old friends, this time is the last time it will matter that all seven will walk through the gates together.

honey just put your sweet lips on my lips. we should just kiss like real people do." -hozier, like real people do.

 months pass and some things change. jungkook officially moves into the house with them. he also gets bulkier and bigger as time goes on, easily able to swing around most of the boys. more and more frames get hung on the bare walls until they don't have space anymore and they start cycling art out. most of them are sold off or put into storage minus their family picture above the mantel. their bedrooms are filled with pictures of each other and their most important art pieces.

months pass and some things stay the same. they all still stockpile into one bed, and still get up together, no matter how early it is. they all kiss good morning and good night, they eat breakfast together, and still take showers together- most of the time, anyway. and they still get mad at each other, upset at things that go wrong or tiny details that don't really matter at the end of the day. "you cannot find peace by avoiding life", and to namjoon he wholeheartedly agrees.

he agrees mostly because no matter how much he wants to flee sometimes, he has learned to sit and fight it out with those he truly loves. because he belongs here.

when my time comes around lay me gently in the cold dark earth. -hozier, work song.

-

this is it folks. what a fucking ride. this is my second official finished fic despite the whole series of books i already finished. i don't count them because i never finished the actual series so yeet yeet. i'll probably make another book to get more into the nuances of the academy system with other k-idols (probably txt after they debut) and maybe another book about the boys' future after they all graduate because i made it super ambiguous and it all just focuses on namjoon's storyline. yeah this was one hell of a fic- from the research to the multiple thousand words of each chapter and now this epilogue. i wrote so many original poems for this and i still have to add them to my poetry on paper. goodbye yall! if you liked this one, i still have other OT7 WIPs i'm working on.

bye <3 (im crying)