-awakening]

"too much of a good thing won't be good for long" - sam smith 

with school starting today, the whole hall seems to be swarming with boys wearing the same forest green uniform with some variations, of course. some boys are wearing the shorts instead of the pants, while others have different ties and accessories to make them unique. namjoon looks himself over in the mirror hoseok hung up on their closet door. he looks... normal, but there's something that feels like its missing. 

"why are you so nervous? it's just school, namjoon. and besides, we're in most of the same classes, so i'll be there with you to guide you through it all." hoseok slings his arm over namjoon's shoulder and checks them out in the mirror. "oh- where's your name tag?" the younger makes a noise in the back of his throat as he turns around to look for his tag. "i knew i was missing something..."

when he has everything in place, namjoon begins to sneak looks at the mirror again. the older sighs and grabs namjoon's hand. "joon, get your bag. i want to walk you to first." namjoon remembers their schedules and makes a pout on his lips. "hyung, didn't you say your first period was in one of the other buildings? won't it be inconvenient to walk me-"

"nope! now stop thinking so much with your big words or i'm gonna get mad at you." the two step out of their rooms, hoseok never daring to let go of the younger's hand. it's a much better day compared to yesterday's clouds and even better than saturday's muggy humidity, the summer sun gently glowing over the dewy grass.  

in preparation of classes, the boys spent all day yesterday going to target to pick up general supplies and then the smaller little shops for decorative pieces to welcome namjoon. jimin caught them at the end of his shift and the three of them went on their merry way, slowly getting to learn more about each other.

hoseok and namjoon take a few minutes to stand in line at the cafeteria to eat breakfast, grabbing any potential snacks for later on in the day. it's a fast process, since it's earlier in the morning than than namjoon would like to admit for the sake of keeping his sanity. when the roommates finish their food, they start towards the educational buildings in the distance. 

as nice as the day seemed to be beginning, however, yoongi seems to be the recurring boomerang in this... odd friendship of theirs. "hey, hyung. what's that?" the older was carrying one of the binders from the first time the two had met, this time it's just... empty. as soon as he stepped within three feet of the two juniors, hoseok's hand dropped namjoon's. he really should've been expecting this, at some point. why would hoseok ever want to hold his hand? after all, he's the same guy who ditched him for two hours just because he cried a little.

and he regrets it he regrets it he regrets it he regrets it-

namjoon holds his messenger bag in one hand tightly until his knuckles turn a light pinkish and the other hand awkwardly hangs in the air for a few seconds before he moves to shove it in his short's pocket. "i had to move some of my papers so i had another binder for this dumbass school. was running out of space for this new thing i've been working on, too, so i went out an bought more binders anyways. oh, and i brought back the trial." without even daring to look at namjoon, yoongi hands the small torn book over to hoseok who in turn passes it over easily to namjoon.

"tha-thanks. uhm, sorry about the- the scribbles i left everywhere." yoongi makes some sort of noise of acknowledgement, leaving the taller of the two baffled and embarrassed. hoseok just stands there, confused out of his mind as he watches the strange interaction. namjoon watches yoongi walk on, hoseok blindingly walking after him.