02

"Don't like myself but shit, this me and I don't really care

"Don't like myself but shit, this me and I don't really care."

"I'll call you back, Eve. Nene beeping in."

"Okay..." Kentrell clicks End & Accept.

"Hello?"

"Aye, bae." Jania's voice blasted through his headphones. He cursed under his breath and turned it down.

"Waddup?" He asked, turning the corner.

"I need some money." Kentrell sighed through his nose as he grabbed the old fence and climbed over it.

"Meet me at my grandfather's house." He tells her, beginning to walk across the empty parking lot.

"Okay, I'm on the way."

"Okay. I love you."

"Love you too." He felt like she lied, but let the phone hang up. He felt like no girl really wanted him.
*

"Aye, watch where the fuck you going! Rubbing sweat on me and shit!" Kentrell warned a random girl walking up the sidewalk.

"Damn, my bad!" She exclaimed, mean mugging him.

"Yeah, your bad. It'll be my bad when I knock ya fronts out." He threatened. "Ole stank pussy ass hoe."

Bor•der•line Per•son•al•i•ty Dis•or•der~A mental disorder characterized by unstable moods, behavior, and relationships.

The girl did nothing more complex than make a mistake. It still made Kentrell super mad, and he knew it wasn't supposed to. It was just him without his medicine—his wiring—, and he hated that.

The bell rang as Kentrell opened the door to the corner store. He was taking his sweet time, still trying to figure out what to tell his grandfather about the medicine.

"There go that nigga Youngboy! Wassup, mane?" Kentrell turns around and gives the boy a look.

"Wassup. Why you in the streets this late?" Kentrell didn't know him well, but he knew his brother.

"My mama kicked me out." The boy shrugged. He looks toward the counter and reaches for a pack of skittles. He put them in his pocket.

"Why you got that hoodie on? It's hot as hell."

"I'm a cold blooded soldier, lil nigga. Get what you want, I got you." He buys the boy his snacks and walks out with him.