04

"This new to me—I ain't have nothing and they were never there

"This new to me—I ain't have nothing and they were never there."

"What are you doing here?" He asked, looking at his sister's red face.

"Minding my business. You?" She joked, but Kentrell didn't find running into his big sister at his friend's house very funny.

"Same as you." He sported a bored look to cover up the real emotions. He had told her too many times to stay away from Gee Money, but she wouldn't listen.

"Hmph. Well, I'll see you..." Her face instantly dropped, realizing his mother had kicked him out and he couldn't come back. "When I see you." She finished, a bad taste settling in her mouth from using the dry goodbye. Kentrell face softens as he steps up and wraps his arms around her.

"See you when I see you." He mumbled, pecking her cheek before letting go. "Go straight home, the block hot today." She nodded.

"Kentrell—" She stopped him from turning around. "Please come home. Mama really going through it with that nigga."

"Who?"

"You know who, Ken."

"Mane Tee, I ain't got time for the games. Bye, and do what I said." He warned, turning around and walking away.

Diss•o•ci•a•tive am•ne•sia: Disorder characterized by a blocking out of critical personal information, usually of a
traumatic or stressful nature.

When he got in the room, he didn't say anything about Teelee, he got straight to the business.

"Wassam, big bro?" Kentrell dapped Gee up as he came into the room.

"Wassup?"

"I gotta ask you for a favor." Kentrell admitted, eyeing the bags of weed laying everywhere. Most of them looked like they weighed an ounce. Gee didn't look up from his phone. "I need a lick to hit. Lemme help you out." This made him look up.

"I already gave you ya chance. You my lih brother, but you not beneficial to my money." Gee gets up and walks toward his window. He had another phone charging in the wall, so his back was facing the mirror. Kentrell clutched the drawstring bag on his back, staring at the weed.

"I was younger then, I done grew." Kentrell kept the conversation going as he opened the bag.

"I understand that." Gee mumbled, tapping away. "But you still young." Kentrell grabbed a zip and put it in his bag. He quickly pulled the bag shut.

"My mindset ain't young. I need to provide for my family." He put the bag back on his back as Gee turned around.

"I feel you, but I can't help you." Kentrell didn't care at that point.

"Alright, big bro." He dapped Gee up.

"Holla at me." Gee said, going back to the other side of the room when the phone rang. Kentrell got out of the house quickly, basically running all the way to Ben's house.

Kentrell skipped a step to get onto Ben's porch faster. He opened the door without knocking, going up the steps. He busted into Benjamin's room, throwing the bag on his bed.

"Hell is this?" Ben asked, sitting up. He opened the bag as Kentrell shut the door back. He pulled out the zone.

"I need you to help me sell that. I don't care whether I sell it all now or what." Ben looked at him with a confused look.

"Where you get this?" He asked, opening the bag and pulling some out.

"Off Gee."

"He letting you hit a lick for him?"

"If he was letting me hit a lick, would I be askin' you to help me?"

"You stole out his pack? Oh fuck no." Ben shook his head in disappointment. He put the weed back.

"Whatever. I can stay the night?"

"You always fucking askin' for some'." These words stained Kentrell. He already didn't like asking for anything, this just made it worse.

"Whatever." Kentrell snatches the bag off the bed.

"I said you can." Ben tries to say as he puts the bag back on his back.

"I heard you." Kentrell stormed out.
*

"I can't help you." Three tells him as Kentrell sat at the end of his bed. "Ma say if she catch me with some more weed, she kicking me out." He nodded at Three, knowing his mama meant business.

"Man, this trap shit ain't for me. Rapping gotta take me through." Beenie laughed at him, catching his attention.

"Man, ian tryna be funny, but you know good and damn well you making it through that is a small chance." Kentrell laughed a little, masking the little hurt he felt.

"You right." Kentrell felt like he was right to some degree. People hardly made it out of his city by getting famous.

What he didn't know was that Ms. Monique was standing in front of the door and heard it all.

"I'll be back." Kentrell tells Three since he and his mother agreed to let him stay the night. Monique had went into her room by then, and Kentrell went out of the house. He went to his hidden spot and started to roll up some of the weed in his bag.
*

"Aye Trell, you'll take me up this bitch house real quick?" Kendell asked, looking at Kentrell.

"Yeah, wha's the addy?" Kentrell dropped his little brother off at said house, wondering where to go next. He decided to go get something to eat.
*

I was about to delete this whole app cuz some of the book parts deadass was deleted and then they just popped back up again 🤦🏾‍♀️