05

"Fuck the world, I be thugging and I'll never change

"Fuck the world, I be thugging and I'll never change."

"You need to get outta these streets! You signed a deal, Kentrell! See, this why you need them pills. Ain't no need for this anymore." She threw the bloody t-shirt at Kentrell.

You wouldn't have found it if you wasn't trying to go through my shit, he thought.

"I never have enough money, ma. That's how I feel." He said, grabbing a box of matches from his drawer.

"Boy—just clean up my house." She ordered.

"Who? I'm finna go."

"Go where?"

"The airport. Gotta pick my friend up." She just sucked her teeth and left the room. Kentrell grabs the shirt and goes out to the back.

Kendell was sitting on the "patio" when he got out there. Snatching up the lighter fluid, Kentrell throws the soiled shirt in an old metal bin that was there when they moved.

"You wanna ride wimme to the airport?" Kentrell asks casually as he throws in a lit match. Kendell nods, never looking up from his phone.

"You gone ever stop, bro?" Kendell asks, coming up to Kentrell as the fire started to burn out.

"Yeah, when I die." Kentrell shrugs, waving him on. He grabs his keys off the mantle piece and heads out to his car.
*
The airport was busy as ever as the brothers weaved in and out of crowds. So far, Kentrell has only had to stop three times for pictures. Right now, he was grateful for that. His phone rang for half a second before he snatched it out of his pocket.

"Hello?"

"Wassup ma? You touched down yet?"

"You know I did, I'm looking straight at you." Kentrell began to look around and then spotted her. The two smiles grew big as they walked towards each other.

"You look good in that dress." Kentrell flirted, dodging a tall man.

"That's a surprising thing for me to hear." She chuckled, feeling a tad bit insecure.

"Shouldn't be." Kentrell smiles as he gets closer. Finally, they could be reunited.

"Stop flirting with me." He hung up as they stepped in front of each other.

"I'm jus' sayin. You looking beautiful like always." A word he hardly ever used. It was like a breath of fresh air to wrap his arms around the girl again. He let go and gestured to Kendell to hug her. He knew the Shaderoom would eat this up if they thought they were 'something'.

"You lame." She told Kentrell as she hugged Kendell.

"Why? Cause I called you beautiful? You like that disrespectful shit?"

"Um—never mind. I gotta go check in at my hotel. You got me on a ride?"

"Duh, le's go."
*

"Bruh, will you please let that go? In yo feelings ass boy." Kendell asks Kentrell as he sings a dramatic version of Boo'd Up by Ella Mai.

"Fuck you." Kentrell laughs, glancing at the boy as he turned the corner. He was on his way to pick up Yvette up and wasn't sure when Jania was coming.

"Then bitches gone end up fighting." Kendell told Kentrell.

"I got this." He assured his little brother while they waited for Yvette to come outside. When she she made it to Kentrell's passenger side, his face lit up.

"Damn, shawty got on the child support fit!" Kendell muttered as she got in. Yvette had on a sundress that was shorter in the front with sandals on.

"Child support fit?" Kentrell scrunched his face up.

"She finna bag you on child support." He said, making Kentrell snicker. Kentrell looked her up and down as she sat down on the passenger side.

"Where yo clothes?" Kentrell asked, giving her a mean look.

"On my body. What's wrong with what I got on? It's long." She said, motioning to her legs.

"You missing a piece." He sasses, pulling the dress upwards over her cleavage.

"Can't help I'm blessed." She sticks her tongue out and fixes her dress back as he pulls out of the parking lot into the expressway. He reaches over again and pulls it up.

"Trell, stop." She slaps his hand away.

"Who you tryna pull?"

"Nobody, but if I was? Maybe I wanna get a man." She gave him a cautious look.

"Keep playing with me, I'll crash this fucking car." Kentrell threatens in a serious tone. She knew he was serious, and so did Kendell.

Bi•po•lar Dis•or•der: A disorder associated with episodes of mood swings ranging from depressive lows to maniac highs.

"Okay? And you know I don't care." She challenged him.

"I do! You kill me and I'll haunt your stupid ass forever!" Kentrell glanced in the rear view mirror and sighed.

"You lucky I got my little brother in this car." She chuckled.

"You been taking your meds?" Eve asked.

"You been taking yours?" He shot back. She rolled her eyes and folded her arms across her chest. "Exactly."

"Where we even going?" She asked, trying to calm down.

"My house, durrr."
*

Some of y'all swore up and down that ya boy was still claiming baby K...why would he delete the posts he had up of him? Context clues.