03

"They only around me for the fame and I don't need them here

"They only around me for the fame and I don't need them here."

The next day, Kentrell woke up in his old bed, well rested. Staring at the old popcorn ceiling made him feel peace at that moment. A tapping noise at the door caught his attention. He got up and opened the hollow wooden door.

"Hey, I'm about to head out. I can take you back to your car if you want me to." His grandfather offers. Kentrell takes up the offer and leaves with him. When they get over his mother's house, his brother was on the porch.

"Trell, mane why you wasn't answering my texts?" He asked worriedly as the truck pulled out.

"My phone went dead." Kentrell just put his phone on 'Do Not Disturb' mode that night. He didn't want to be bothered.

"Blue been looking for you." Blue and Kentrell barely even talked. And when they did, they were fighting about something that Blue had said.

"The fuck Blue want?" Kendell just shrugged.

"Said he wanted to chop it up with you." Kentrell just sighed and went in the house. Saying nothing to Teelee and his mother, he grabbed his keys and money. He wanted to do something that got his mind clear.

"Wanna slide with me?" Kentrell asks Kendell as he walked past him. He nodded and got out of the chair, hopping off the porch. They both got in the car and sped off as their mother tried to yell at them.

"Where we going?"

"Finna hit up Three." He tells his little brother as his phone started to ring. Yvette was calling him.

"Hello?" He answered quickly.

"Kentrell, what did you do?" Her voice echoed through the car speakers.

"What did I do when? What you talking about?" Kentrell put on a front as Kendell looked at him with a confused look.

"Piru was found dead last night."

"What that got to do with me?" He asked, smiling.

"So you don't know about that?"

"Nope." She just sighed.

"Kentrell, I love you dearly, but you can't kill people just because they're annoying me."

"I didn't do it, I'm in Louisiana." He pressed on. Yvette just decided to drop the conversation.

"Sure...speaking of Louisiana, I'm coming to Baton Rouge for the summer!"

"No cap? Aw shit, when you touching down?" He asked, thinking in the back of his mind the different ways he could fuck her brains out, for a lack of better words.

"In three days." She said.

"I can't wait to see you again." Kentrell says.

"Vice versa." She says sweetly. A yell in the background made her groan. "I'll call you back." He could barely say 'OK' before the phone hung up.

"Who was that?"

"That's Yvette. Met her at a show." Kentrell turns the corner, nearing Three's house

"Seem like she more than a groupie." Kendell shrugs.

"Nigga, she is." Kentrell smiled at the thought of her as they pulled onto Three's street.

"Be honest. You think you're gonna cheat on Jania?"

"I know I am. Imma bust Yvette down, no question."
*

Kentrell and Kendell sat on Three's front porch with a bunch of other people. Kentrell wasn't scared of them, but he wasn't comfortable.

"I can't believe my boy making it." The same dude that dissed Kentrell in his earlier years made like he kissed the ground that he walked on. He wanted everybody to believe they had been homies. Kentrell laughed at his attempt.

"You remember when I was jus' that broke ass li boy to you?" The boys got quiet. Kentrell knew Blue was just trying to get him off guard. He was out to get him—he wanted to knock him because he was gonna make it out.

Par•a•noid Per•son•al•i•ty Dis•or•der: A mental disorder characterized by paranoia and a pervasive, long-standing suspiciousness and generalized mistrust of others.

"Aye man, I'm sorry bout that." Blue told him, chuckling. He said so much about Kentrell, 'I'm sorry' was like putting a bandaid on a crack in the wall.

"Nah, you good. You said 'Fuck NBA', back then. Yell that shit to the rooftops now. You know what, you good. I forgive you, le's go li Ken."

"Say, you gone be back?" Three asked as Kentrell dapped him up.

"I'll hit you up."
*

Kentrell looked at his little brother, grateful that he was there with him, and had always been.

Sure, he had the gang, but they weren't truly and officially down to ride until his name was in people's mouths all over the country. They were his bros, but they doubted him too.

He looked down at his shoes and grimaced. They were dirty, ugly, and worn. He needed some money, quick.

He pulled out his phone as he started to walk to Garrett's house. He asked him if he could pull up, to which Garrett replied 'yes'. When Kentrell made it there, it was packed. He opened the screen door and nodded at the couple of people that looked at him.

Going straight to the back, he heard Gee's voice echo, along with sniffling noises.

"Get the fuck out my shit." Kentrell stepped behind the corner, putting his head down and touching his phone like he wasn't eavesdropping. Whoever it was walked right past him. He looked up a little as they did.

The smell of his mother's expensive perfume filled his nose as the figure walked past. Once he spotted his sister's beat up Nike's, he could've blown up on the spot. He panicked a little when Teelee looked up.
*