10

"Loyalty before royalty—they don't live like that, but I ain't know

"Loyalty before royalty—they don't live like that, but I ain't know."

"You okay?" Yvette asks Kentrell as he stares at the images on his screen. Somebody DM'ed him pictures and videos—proof that Jania was having sex with the opposition. The ring leader, at that. He just chuckled half heartedly.

"I knew she was fuckin' other niggas but...damn." He shook his head. He expected to be way worse than this—but he was just calm.

"Stop looking at it." She said, reaching over and locking his phone.

"Ian even mad though. Surprised? Not really even that. Mad? No."

"Oh..." Yvette trailed, surprised at his words. That girl was becoming everything to Kentrell, they were just toxic for each other.

"Can I ask you a question?" Yvette spoke up. He nodded. "Am I just like...the person you fuck off with when you mad at her?" She asked. She didn't really care, she just wanted to know.

"No." He looked up at her. "Stop playing with me." He mugged her.

"I'm not playing, but okay." She shrugged.

"You know I love you." He told her, kissing her cheek. She didn't really say anything, she just played with her hands. "I'll be back." He said, getting up and going out his bedroom door. As soon as he crossed the threshold, her phone started ringing. It was her best friend, Ky.

"Hello?"

"BITCH! You listened to your fRiEnD new song?" She teased. Ky was the only person who knew what was really going on, and she was sworn to secrecy.

"What new song?" Yvette asked, sitting up.

"Imma send you the link." She said, putting Yvette on pause. She send the link and put herself on mute.

My Happiness Took Away For Life

Yvette pressed play and let the song play. After she was done listening, she took Ky off pause.

"Gurrrl!" Ky hyped, making Yvette confused.

"What?" She asked.

"He was talking about you and Jania! Duhhhh! She the one he getting over, and you the one he with now." Yvette scrunched her face up.

"I guess." She mumbled, secretly happy. Kentrell busted into the room, holding his phone in his hand.

"Bitch got booku excuses. Read this sh—oh you on the phone?" He asked as he sat beside her and stuck his head in the camera.

"Who this?" He asked as Ky stared back.

"My best frien—"

"We'll call you back besfran." He joked, hanging up the phone.

"Aye!" She whined, mugging him.

"Read this." He ignored her complaint and sat the phone in her hand, showing his and Jania's thread.

Nene 🖕🏾

Wdf u talking about 😒
Ukno I ❤️ u

*4 attachments*

FUCK YOU MEAN

He forced me tho bae

U sick omm 💯

Delete my #

Y u acting like that😕
It wasn't even that good

U ain't perfect either

I know that but ion fw
yo opps and claimed they
raped me🤣. It's levels to this

Ok Kentrell 😂

Ian stressing tho omm

TUH. look like it to me

I ain't tho 😘 me and my
girl forever str8. Ur services are
no longer needed.

Fuck u K🖕🏽

Yea that's cute
can you fuck off my line
for me 😄💚

Yvette busted out laughing, blocking Jania and putting his phone in his lap.

"So, I'm your girl, or whatever?"

"Been that. Can't have a bitch who would rather have royalty than love." He admitted, wrapping his arms around her. She pecked his head as it rested on her shoulder.

"You know you got my loyalty, right?" She asked. "Hm?" She looked down at him. Kentrell nodded dryly. He wanted to believe her so bad, he just couldn't. There was always a "What if?" with him. It made him sick to his stomach.

This feeling was a constant, heart sinking thing that had his mind running in circles all day.

An•xi•e•ty dis•or•der: A mental health disorder characterized by feelings of worry, anxiety, or fear that are strong enough to interfere with one's daily activities

"Yvette..." He mumbled, squeezing just a little tighter.

"Yes?"

"Tell me you love me." He told her, looking her in the face.

"I love you, baby boy. You okay?"  She told him, looking at him.

"I'm good. I love you, too." He smiled to himself. Kentrell felt a little more at peace with how she said it. He almost believed her.
*

What's your graduation year?

C/O 2019 check in ❗️