The hour of revelation (2)

He walked up to his room while racking his business brain to think of something productive to woo his hell angry wife.

She was taking off her jewelry in front of the mirror when he entered.

"Khushi.."

She looked at him and again got back to her work.

"Khushi how many times have I told you not to ignore me when I'm talking."
He tried to show anger but failed miserably.

She looked at him with a raised brows.

"Really?!! So you are back to ASR mode. Aren't you. That shows how seriously you take things." She mocked.

He gulped.

This was the first time ever he had got scared.

Scared of Khushi and her avatar.

She turned to leave only to be stopped by his hold on her hand.

She gave him a questionable look.

"Look I know whatever I did cannot be justified. But I...I misunderstood seeing you in his arms. Please forgive me." He apologized.

"Done?" She said before getting off his hold and going to the washroom.

He stood staring at her retreating figure.

He messed up.
Badly.

After 15 minuets khushi came out of the washroom.

There was no doubt that she had cried.

Her eyes were red.

She saw the well lighted decorated room. And knew who had done it.

She loved him. A lot.

But she wanted him to understand that things can't always go according to him.

Arnav came in with a trolley decorated with rose petals containing a dish in the center.( remember the scene?)

He came before her and held her hand in his.

"I was fourteen when my parents had died." She did not interrupt. She let him speak out his heart.

He continued.

"It was Di's wedding day. All was going on well. She was happy. I was happy. In fact everyone was excited. The whole mahal ( sheesh mahal) was decorated lavishly. Suddenly in the midst of all the excitement two gunshots were heard."

He took a deep breath before continuing.

"Mamma had killed her self because she got to know that papa was having an..... an affair. Seeing his wife's dead body, papa also shot him self due to the shame."

Khushi had tears in her eyes listening to her husbands painful past.

"When I saw you in Shyams arms I saw the same past getting repeated with my Di. I wanted to prevent it from happening so I married you." He completed with a hitched throat.

"I have never told my past to anyone. I trust you more than myself. But I don't know what got over me that I took such a step. Forgive me only if you think I deserve it."

Khushi smiled through her tears looking at her husbands state.

She cupped his face in her small palms and said.
"How can you think that I will not forgive you. I know I was angry in fact I was furious. But that doesn't mean there is no forgiveness. I think the slap was enough punishment." She winked.

He couldn't believe what a big heart she has. In spite of all the pain and sufferings she forgave him. He was damn lucky to have her.

"So will you not show me the gift?" She said pointing at the trolley.

Bringing the trolley to her Arnav opened the cover and guess what..

Jalebis!!!! Made by ASR the great.

She squealed and jumped in his arms with happiness seeing her favorite sweet.

He picked up one jalebi and fed her with hesitancy.

It wasn't tasty but our dear khushi called it delicious, why??

Obviously because her dearest hubby made them especially for her.

"I wanted to tell you something else too.." he said gaining her attention.

"I married you for another reason also........because......... I wanted to keep you close to me. Closest as possible."

She knew what was coming.

But still she asked with a mischievous glint which went unnoticed by Arnav.

"Why?"

He looked at her as if she had grown horns.

"You don't know?"

" arey mere buddhu ram! If you don't tell me how will I know?" She stated with innocence.

He stood shocked staring at his naive wife.

"Say no why???" She asked again.

He cupped her face and kissing her forehead, said.

"Because...... I love you"

"Love you more than myself and more than my life"

She was on cloud nine at his confession.

He looked at her for her reply somewhat scared of it.

Khushi too cupped his face and this time pecked his lips saying

"I love you too my Laad Governor"she giggled

"What the... laad governor??" Cursed a stupefied Arnav

But eventually smiled.

And they hugged.
Tightly.
So tight that No One can separate them.

Khushis hands curled around her laad governors neck.

Arnavs hand wound around HER waist.

They stood at the same position for what felt like eternity.

Arnav carried his wife to the bed. Khushis hand in her same favorite place. His collar.

And they went into their own world of passion completing yet another ritual.

Their Suhaagraat.