I Need Myself- 1

Story starts from the time Arnav comes to the Gupta house to pick Khushi up after compelling her to go back with him to Shantivan
__________________________________________________________

Arnav knocked on the door. All set to take his wife back. One could say he was pretty excited with the speed at which he drove his car to reach Laxmi Nagar at the exact minute. He was content that after a long time, happiness was just a few seconds away before he can grab it and embrace it for a life time, never to allow it away from his sight for even a second.

His hands were clammy. A light smile ornamented his face. It looked brighter in spite of the perspiration that broke out on his manly self as he fidgeted waiting to see her face. The same face he longed to see for the past few days. The same face that was marred with worry just yesterday. And the same face he was going to care for with immense affection and love. He will apologise to her and all will be well. They will have a new beginning.

Seconds turned into minutes but no one opened the door. He kept knocking as his heart hammered hard against his ribs with unknown fear that gripped his soul.

He was about to knock again when the door showed signs of being opened. He breathed a long sigh of relief as if someone had blown life inside him that been was sucked out just a few seconds ago.

The door opened revealing the woman of his thoughts.
Beautiful as ever. Yet something was amiss. He only needed a single glance to notice differences in her.

Her eyes were not glistening with the usual care or warmth. He couldn't identify it for the first time. It looked......Distant. Neutral. Emotionless maybe?
Her posture screamed an undefined restraint- hands crossed over her chest. Somewhat challenging. His thought process didn't make him feel very comfortable.

What made him frown was her dress. She wasn't dressed. She was wearing her usual night clothes with her plaited hair pulled over her left shoulder.

"Do you want to come in or not." Her voice broke his jumbled ruminations.

Tone not appreciated.

Yet he kept his calm. Everything screamed her refusal to join him and that simply cut down the lifeline of his patience.
He walked in when she moved to the side. Waiting for her speak before he started his quota of questions as she secured the door from unwanted intrusion.

"So.." She stood in front of him. "Please have a seat. Otherwise Buaji will think I didn't welcome her guest. Especially if it's her damadji's brother".

What the hell! He shot a glare at her.

"What the hell are you doing Khushi. Why aren't you ready." He gritted his teeth. Khushi simply stared at him. Nonchalant.

"For?" Audacity as a word was incompetent to even describe her attitude.

"Don't test my patience Khushi. You are going back to Shantivan with me. Right now. Get it!" He spitted out. His patience was giving away. It won't be long before he grabs hold of her and drags her with him.

"Why?" Not even an ounce of fear could he see in her eyes. Who is she?

He clenched his fist. Taking a deep breath that calmed his nerves down he answered.

"Incase you may have forgotten. Yesterday you told me that you would be coming with me to Shantivan or else you will have to say goodbye to your house and aunty and uncle will come on..." He couldn't complete as his eyes widened in shock.
Khushi drew out an envelope and shoved it into his right hand with a smirk.