The Heart's Choice

Arnav and Khushi were making their first public appearance at a business party that was organised specially for AR's success at bagging a million dollar international contract. It was indeed a huge achievement for AR. A number of businessmen of massive national and multinational companies were invited with their spouses and partners.
More than celebration it was the opportunity of seeing the woman, who managed to melt the ruthlessness and arrogance of THE ASR and inspired him to lay his whole world at her feet, that was the cause of widespread fervour among the paparazzi who were crowded waiting patiently for the couple to arrive.

Arnav was busy driving though his concentration was on his wife who was seated beside him. It wasn't something new though. His engrossment had always been with his wife. She was his beautiful distraction.
This time he was concerned as he saw her fidgeting continuously with the end of her saree. She wasn't evening sparing his glance. So occupied was she in her nervousness. And he knew why.

"Khushi." He whispered.

"Huh?" She jerked. Turning to look at him with a smile.

It was a nervous smile he could make out. It didn't reach her eyes.

"Are you okay?"

"Ha? Yes? What will happen to me. I'm perfectly fine. I'm not worried about the party." She gave a nervous laugh. Realization hit her when he raised his eyebrows.

"I mean. I'm fine Arnav. I'm cool. All good" She showed him a thumbs up. He chuckled.

He stopped the car at a side. He went to her and helped her out.

"Hey! I know you're not fine." He held her shoulders affectionately as he brought her close to him.

She sighed. "I'm nervous." She confessed.

"I know. I understand. During the initial years when I had made it big in business and had to attend these parties, even I was nervous. About making an impression and stuff." Khushi looked at him. She had never realised that he too had faced a first time.

"You know the difference?" He asked her caressing her face lovingly. She nodded.

"I was alone then. You are not. You have me. Now and Always."
Her mouth curved into a smile.

I love you so much.

She was blessed to have a husband like him. She would never have had it any other way.

She stared at him dreamily. "What?"

She laughed. "I'm wondering if you are ASR."

"I'm not." She frowned a little.

"I'm a married Arnav." He smirked and kissed her cheeks.

Khushi wound her hands around his neck possessively.
"So Mr. Married Arnav. Any intentions of attending your party or do you intend spending the night here."

"I would even stay on the road if I have you by my side." He pecked her lips before helping her get in.

"Flirtatious Raizada."

"Only for you Ma'am" He winked at her.

And they drove off to the venue.

The paparazzi's patience finally bore fruits as ASR's SUV drove in. Arnav got off the drivers seat and opened the passenger door.
An Adonis in a light grey three piece suit. Desired by many. Envied by an equal number. But owned by only one.