The Second Part

While everyone was still in awe and shock I was sitting on the floor by myself. Looking towards the rich people side of town I noticed a figure in a distance running towards us. But there run seemed slow like they had a limp or something. I waved my parent over and pointed the person out. Pretty soon a crowd had gathered around staring at the person limping towards us. I had gotten a bad feeling about the crowd and the one limping person. One of our neighbor named Jerry , I think, got ballsy enough to walk towards the person. We watched silently. Jerry ran over to the person and screamed. The limping person pounced and started to gnaw scratch at Jerry's head. "Holy shit," I mumbled.

Everyone started freaking out. Peoples who's cars survived quickly hopped in. And people who's cars didn't survive hopped into other cars. My car luckily survived and my parents and I hopped in. But we were unlucky to have and eight seater car. So five people were desperate to come in. But the first five were Jeffrey parents and and Jeffrey , with Alec and Jackson. Jeffrey sat in the back with his parents and I sat behind driver, Alec in the middle and Jackson behind passenger. The ride was completely silent. That was until Jackson said, "W-was that a zom-zombie?"

I noticed her was trembling and I looked at him. "Why the hell would there be a zombie in our boring ass town? Would you think they would have been made in like Hollywood or New York?"

"Tessa," my dad said in his warning voice.

"What? It's true. Our town is in the middle of nowhere," I fold my arms.

"With a giant laboratory," Alec added.

"Do you think your dad had something to do with this then? Since he works in that giant lab?"

"Tessa, that's enough," mom said looking at me through the mirror.

I blow a strand out hair out my face.

Dad apologized, "Tessa gets defensive and grump when she's scared."

"I do not," I protest.

"Defensive," mom chimed.

I roll my eyes and rest my head against the window. We stay silent until we see the car next to us swerve. "Watch out," Dad warned as mom drove sideways.

They swerved causing mom to jerk the car off the road and onto some grass. I never got a chance to see who was in the car because they drove right into our right side. A share of screams and we all tried to scurry our. Jeffreys and my dad we're stuck once we were all out the other car exploded into ash taking both the dads with them. Alec and I were pushed onto the floor by the force. I landed onto of him which was just peachy. The weird thing was he was comfortable to lay on and I honestly didn't want to set up. But I did. I whipped myself off and watched him get to his feet. I look at the two denigrated cars in shock. I silently listen to sobs of my mothers and Jeffrey's mother. A few tear fell from Jeff too. I didn't react. My I didn't feel like crying or cursing the world. I just felt like lying down forever. I wanted to lie somewhere comfortable forever. Instead I started walking. I walked until the field around us turned into house. Slowly but surely, the rest started to fallow. First was Alec. Then mom. The the Jeffery's. The first house that was here I walked up to. I rang the doorbell before realizing the door was cracked open. I opened it fully and grabbed a stick that was in the umbrella thing. Holding it like a baseball bat. I walked around. Alec followed but we split up. Once I searched the second floor I was down the stairs. As he started to say first story cleared a creature came out behind him. "DUCK," I yelled.

He reluctantly did so out of confusion. I swung with all my might and the heat came clean off. My body felt numb. I watched at the creatures head when rolling on the floor. It hissed before the eyes rolled to the back of his head. "That's a zombie," Jackson yelled as proving a point.

"That is a monster," I exclaim.

Alec's phone goes off. His face went white. "What is it?" I asked?

"My dads dead," he mumbled.

"What the hell is it with dads and dying today," I mumbled.

"He sent a video," Alec ignored my last comment.

We sat on the stairs and he played the video. It was his dad who resembled him very much. Meaning, DAUM HIS DAD WAS HOT.

The video was poor quality and it looked like his dad hadn't slept in days. He ran his fingers through his hair. And looked at the camera. "Experiment 376," he voice was dull and exhausted," I had my intern eat some Brussel sprout  out acid rats ran over. The intern had no clue of the incident. So far nothing had happened. I've been waiting in this room for awhile."

Suddenly sirens went off and his dad stood up looking more awake. He automatically look towards the door where a loud moan came out of.  Someone fell onto the door causing it to open. The person looked just like the creature. His dad looked at the camera very alarmed. "I won't live through this. If your watching this know that the cure is in the lab." The Dad pressed a button behind the camera. The scream went black, but the last thing you could hear was his dad scream.

I look at Alec. Two tears were streaming down his cheek. I told myself not to say anything stupid like, are you okay? Because he obviously wasn't. He stared at the blank screen frozen slightly shaking. I gave him an awkward side hug s to try to comfort him. It probably didn't work, but I tried. He looked surprised when he felt me. He wiped his cheeks quickly. "I'm okay," he said trying to crack a smile.

"Don't lie to me," I warned.

We sat there quietly until he said, "I'll tell the others the coast is clear."

"I'll explore the rest of the house," we nodded and split up.

I check the pantry in the kitchen and these people were honestly ready for the zombie  apocalypse. The best part about living far from everything is your forced to stock up. Jackson walked into the kitchen. "Good news and Bad news. Which do you want first?"

"Surprise me," I blandly said.

"We found a car, but we are looking for the keys," He explained.

"Well I, found lots of food," I open the pantry all the way.

Jackson started and whistled. I looked around some more and find several cases of water. When someone found the keys. As we finished putting the water and food in Jackson walked to me when everyone was inside, "Small car, maybe you could sit on my lap."

I closed the trunk and said, "I think  Jeffery or Alec would be more interested than I am."

"C'mon, Violet would do it," he egged on.

"One, are you considering her a slut. Two, do you think I'm Violet. And three, don't assume it just makes you look more like an asshole," I clenched my fist.

When he stayed silent I said, "That's what I thought."

I walk out to find everyone waiting in the doorway. "Are we leaving or what?"

"Let's go," Mom chimed.

Mom and Jeff's mom sat in the front, Jackson behind the passenger, the Alec, Jeff, and lastly me. After driving a few miles we started to get swarmed by zombies.

And there were hundreds.

*************************

Vote and Comment, Thanks for reading.