The Eight Part

(The Aesthetic wouldn't load)
Alec's Dad. Was eating a dead man. That's something he can never unsee. Alec stood dumbfounded at the man. His dad looked at him puzzled. Like when you see someone at the mall that looks so familiar, but you can't remember who they are. He started to slowly walk closer to Alec. He looked at him with curiosity and turned his head from one side to another. Alec started to slightly tear up but took a shaky breath.  His dad inched closer, looking more and more like how I looked at pizza. Then he charged at Alec. We screamed and his dad pinned him to the floor. "Please, d-Dad it's me, d-don't you remember. Please," Alex begged on the floor looking like he was having a panic attack. Alec's Dad wrapped his hands around Alec's neck and squeezed, Alecs face reddened but he didn't fight back. Violet held her pipe above her head. The two loud bangs caused me to jump. Timothy shot Alecs Dad twice in the head "YOU DOLT," Violet screamed, "YOU WASTED TWO BULLETS."

Timothy was shaking vigorously, "S-sorry Vi, it's just I panicked and i didn't know what to do and-" he was cut off.

"Shut up," she looked at him square in the face, "or I'll make you."

Alec lay on the floor next to his dad's dead zombie body. He was breathing heavily and staring at the roof in disbelief, I knelt beside him, "Alec, are you okay? What-" he grasped my hand.

"I'm .... sorry," he managed.

"For what. Alec what happened?" I start having a mini panic attack myself.

A tear slip down his cheek and I noticed a red mark on his cheek. A scratch, a deep red scratch. If he didn't die, he would probably turn into a zombie. Like Jackson. And his parents. And my parents. And most people in this pathetic goddamn world. And right before me was a guy I had a crush on for as long as I had lived in the crappy ass town, was being zombified. His rolled to the back of his head and he was passed out, but breathing was raspy. "Wake up, " I squeeze his hand, "Alec come on just get up."

A pair of hands pulls me from my shoulder up. "Alec wake up, " I begged.

"If he does he won't be Alec, " Vi told me.

Timothy lifted me onto my feet and we walk back towards the stairs. Timothy smelled nice, but he didn't smell as nice as Alec. We walk all the way back to the place we started without another encounter. Once we get to the car Violet insisted on driving and speed off.  I sat in the back seat. When I thought of sleep it never came. I tossed and turned in the back seat uncomfortably. I don't feel myself drift off, but I wake up later in cold sweat and a bruise on my arm. I was drowsy at first, but when I looked up I found Violet on top of Timothy in the passenger seat. When she sees that I was awake she jumped backward. "Morning, " I greeted.

"Tessa you're awake, " she laughed nervously.

"I'm going to go for a walk, "   I opened the door and walked away.

"Be careful, " Timothy called out.

I walked the whole disastrous block that I didn't remember parking at the night before. I walk staring at the floor. Watching Violet and Timothy, was like walking in on your parents. I once I had walked for I don't even know how long and found my way back to the car. Violet and Timothy were in their own seat, but Vi was leaning over the center console con Timothy's shoulder. I walk in silently and sit. They don't try to make conversation and nor do I. I stare out the window and my minds completely blank. We start driving again and snack on the gas station junk food. After staring out the window for so long I look forward. Timothy is starting at Violet. I felt a twang of jealousy, then pity. Violets have been in practically every guys she's met. And I prayed Timothy was different since it was the end of the world. We continued driving for a few hours until reaching another gas station. Once we stocked up we drove. I didn't even think violet knew where she was going. The next few days were about the same. I would walk around and "keep watch" for an hour or so, I would let time pass and them walk to the car and eat. But as days passed I didn't eat. One day I heard Violet and Timothy talking, "I think he broke her, Vi, can't you see she is in a horrible depression."

"She has more grit that you give her credit for, " Vi compromised.

We had apparently had driven in a circle because we were back at the laboratory. "Wasnt there supposed to be a cure there?"Timothy asked.

"Probably ruined by the zombies, " My voice had cracked at the last word.

"Why not go back in and see, " Vi shrugged and drove back to the laboratory.

Back to the place I least want to be. YAY!

~~~~
Comment and rate I guess