The Third Part

The zombies looked like they came from the rich side of town. They wore suits, dresses, or lab outfits. "D-drive," Jeffery's mom stuttered.

At this point, I decided to call her Susan because she never gave her actual name. The Zombies began to close and in and I thought, this is is. I'm going to die in the backseat of a car full of idiots. "DRIVE WOMEN DRIVE!" Jackson screamed.

Mom hesitantly stepped on the gas, but she was obviously terrified. Suddenly, off in the corner, it sounded like gunshots rapidly firing. Many zombies tumbled to the floor on the left side of-of the car. We were in awe as a group of ten people was running into the zombie mob with machine guns. they were dressed how they would be in movies. Camouflage, ripped shirts, black marker under there eyes, and bandanas. They killed most of the zombie's then walked up to the car. The leader, so big dude who looked like a mix of John Cena and Dwayne Johnson walks up to the car and says, "Everyone out. AND HURRY."

Everyone scurried out as in fear. The man quickly examined us and said, "Freckled and Young girl comes with us."

"Wa-what?"I stuttered.

"Come by choice or by force," The man said pulling out a handgun.

Alec stood his ground. The man started waving around his gun as he rambled on about something, but I zoned out. After a few seconds that sounded like a minute, I blurted, "Well do it."

Everyone looked relatively surprised. "Come on be logical here, the zombies are going to attack us at any minute. So lets scram and well meet up with you guys eventually."

Mom looked at me horrified. I could tell that she didn't want me and my dad to leave her on the same day. But we had to. "Let's go, Alec," I walk towards the WWE man with the last scraps of dignity I had left.

He reluctantly followed. "C'ya later," I wave casually like I'll see them all tomorrow.

The man started running and I followed. While running he kept howling and screaming things like "Viva la Revolution." and stuff. Once we stopped running I almost fainted. I was not in great shape.

We stopped running when we reached a truck. There was a guy in the driver's seat chewing a toothpick. In the truck a group of 10 people. In the trunk, they looked like miniature versions of the dude. They looked like they could kill you in 100 different ways. One was filing her nails. And another guy was playing with a dagger. The others were talking among themselves. When the dude came they were silent after he whistled. They jumped out the trunk. "Who's this?" the filling girl asked.

"Our new recruits," the dude informed.

"what ditch did you find them crawling in?" The dagger dude asked.

"What pile of shit did they find you in," I muttered loud enough for him to hear.

He let out a sarcastic laugh. He gritted his teeth, 'Watch yourself." he took a step forward.

The passenger door slammed and a voice said, "Toby I swear to god if you threaten her again I will personally knock your teeth out."

The voice was so familiar. I saw violet hair and then, sure enough, Violet walked out front behind the truck. I blurted out the first thing I thought, "Vi, you're in a gang?"

She let out a belly laugh, "Of a sort."

"Why haven't you told me this before?" I demanded.

"Well I just join recently because of my uncle, " she pointed to the dude," the sergeant sir uncle Louie."

"His name is Louie? I expected something like sergeant sir."

"What are we gonna do with him?"The girl who was filing her nails asked.

I almost forgot Alec was here. He was behind Louie staring at the floor. I noticed he was biting his thumbnail. "Alec?" Vi said in utter disbelief.

"Yeah," he said in almost a whisper.

"Damn, Alec and Tess two people that I would never think would end up together during the end of the world."

When Alec didn't say anything Louie said, "Alright, time to go,"

"Where?" Alec asked finally talking.

"To our base," Louie said like it was obvious.

"Wait so you are the wacko with signs saying that then end was near?" I blurted, not caring since the end was near.

"Sure, of a sort," Louie shrugged and hoped on the roof of the truck and I was scared it was going to cave in, but it didn't.

I awkwardly hop into the trunk of the truck and sit in a corner. It was a pretty silent ride and people kept staring and this one guy kept eyeing me and when we made eye contact he would look down. Alec stared off to the distance very un-Alec like. He probably would have broken the awkward tension with some sort of conversation. But he didn't say a word. And in my stomach, I got a horrible anxiety and my brain created many possibilities on why he was this way, none good obviously.

We finally made it to a base, a military base with no house or building except for one. One large building that was the about the size of ten house merged into one. We go into that building and dozens of tents lined up with at least two people per tent, the most seemed to be five people. I stared in awe since they were fully prepared for this sort of thing. Then I remembered that there was an announcement a year back about the lab doing an experiment and that they needed voluntary's. After the first few never came back out. These people that are here were some of the protesters. so everything made sense now. I understood why they suspected the end of the world. We drove until we reached rows of tables next to rows of stalls. We got out and Alec and I were handed a pile of clothes. Vi winked when she gave it to me. I walked into the stall on the right side because the left side had urinals and I took a lucky guess. I change into a pair of tight ripped camo jeans and a black cropped shirt that barely went down to the top of my jeans. thank god I shaved, were my first thoughts. Then I heard Uncle Louie screaming outside of the stalls. I leave the stall and just dumped my old clothes in the garbage with the intention of never needing them again. I walk towards the tables where Louie was. I completely frozen when I heard what Louie was yelling about.

He was telling up it was time for training.

******************************

Crap its so late. Please rate and comment.