The Sixth Part

(I'm going to start posting aesthetics per chapter I guess)

Jackson scooted the snacks onto Alec's lap and sat down. "I'm back bitches."

"Where's my mom?" was my first question.

"Well, I came alone. So where do you think?" he said doucily.

"You're a fucking asshole. Do you know that?" Violet said turning around.

"Telling the truth is being a fucking asshole?" Jackson snapped back.

I stayed silent. I'm an orphan. Both my parents were gone in a matter of two days. The rest of them didn't even know where their parents were. And could possibly cling on to a chance that they were still alive. Except for Alec. Alec's parents were both dead. His mom for a while and his dad just yesterday. But my parents both died. Or my mom was a zombie. Violet and Jackson bickered and then Timothy woke up. He looked dazed for a second and when he saw Jackson he freaked out. He pulled a gun out of his pocket and pointed it at Jackson's head. "DUDE WHAT THE HELL??"

"Who the fuck are you?" Timothy asked.

"they know me, " Jackson put his hands up in a surrendered way.

"Do you know him?" Timothy looked around.

Alec and Vi, we're silent, but I said quietly, "Sadly. We know him."

Timothy slowly puts the gun down and back in his pocket.  Everyone was silent. "We should keep moving. It's not smart to stay in one place for too long."

Violet started the car and started driving near the outskirts of the city. I stared out the window. We drove until we found another gas station and everyone got off to get more snacks. Re-re-fill gas and use the bathroom. I walked into the bathroom, used it. But when I went to wash my hands and looked in the mirror I broke down. I sobbed and it felt good since I had been holding in my emotions for this. Goddamn it. My eyes were red and puffy. I walked out of the bathroom with my head down. Jackson was waiting outside the car and when he saw me he said, "Hey Tess, I'm sorry-"

"Do not talk to me. And don't call me Tess. Just because I saved your sorry ass doesn't mean I need your gratitude," I cut him off.

I walked around him and into the car. Timothy and Violet were dealing with the gas stuff. Alec put bags of snacks in the back and found a strap that would prevent them from flying away. He was walking towards the car and saw me. Jackson was standing on the other side of the car. I wasn't facing him at the moment, but I knew he was watching. Alec walked towards the car and opened the door. He didn't react at first. He just froze and if he didn't know what to do. Then he grabbed my hands and whispered, "Tessa."

Not TESS. I've always hated when people who barely knew me thought they could immediately call me Tess. My name is Tessa. "I'm fine, " I looked up at him.

Before my stupid pepper spray fell out of my pocket, Alex didn't even know I existed. Now, this, I daydreamed this. Not the zombie apocalypse stuff.

Now he was holding my hand. A few rogue tears fell down my cheek and I quickly wiped away the tears. Alec squeezed my hand tight. "we could talk. It could help, " he suggested.

"Not now, " I insisted.

"Okay, " his silence was unexpected and eerie.

I rotate body towards him and let go of his hand. He looked at me confused before I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around his waist. He reluctantly hugged me back. His body was tense. After a squeeze he let me go since Vi and Timothy we're walking out of the gas station. I scooted over so Alec could sit in the middle. Once everyone was back in we drove off again. We drove with small awkward talk. Then Alec saw a sign and yelled, "STOP!"

The sign said laboratory. Then I Realized what he was thinking. In his dad's video, he said that the cure to the zombie thing was in the laboratory. Alec filled everyone in the video. "If the virus started in the lab, would that be the most infested place?" Timothy asked.

He had a good point. The lab had a road to our town and to the main city. Violet hesitantly turned onto the road. We drove the road, it's was rocky and caused up to swerve multiple time. The drive took over an hour. As I became more talkative Alec became less. We were literally driving to the place his dad was zombified in. Or eaten which would have been much worse.

Once we got there we had Timothy lead us since he had a gun. We walked slowly through the empty entrance, it sucked eerie silence. I didn't even realize I was clutching Alec's hands. My heart started racing because I tend to have extremely sweaty palms when nervous. And hell yah I was nervous. We followed Timothy into a waiting room. Why there was a waiting room? Probably for the interns. JACKSON FUCKING JONES. He slowly walked up to the counter. We all watched him very confused. He pulled out his knife from his pocket. "What are you doing?" I hiss.

He turned and winked. Alec gripped my hand. Jackson turned back around and pressed a bell. I took a step closer to Alec.

Then we all looked behind the counter as we heard a deep moan. Not a sexual moan.

But a pained one.

~~~~~~~~
Oofers
Comment and rate.
Peace out *does cringy thing*