Chapter Five

o5 // party time bitches

As I part my now curled hair into a middle parting I check my make up--blood red lips and black as night cat eyeliner. I grab a clutch bag and place my glasses in them, I have no need for them tonight as I decide to wear my contacts.

Gonna look fierce, I hear Allison repeat. It's my subconscious reassuring me. It's going to be fine tonight. It's going to be fun.

I walk down the stairs with Lydia and Allison stood at the bottom. They give me reassuring smiles so I send them a nervous one back before slipping into the dark patterned kimono.

~

I push a kid who is offering me drugs for the umpteenth time tonight and smack him upside of the head with as much force as I can muster.

He runs through the crowd as quickly as he can. I smile to myself in satisfaction and turn to see Allison and Scott standing awkwardly in the midst of the rest of the drunk and high kids that are here at the party.

I pull up my over the knee socks and bump into a familiar face.

I see Scott pushing past me and I grab him and give him a look that hopefully means 'are you okay?', let's just say I'm not all that good at using body language to talk.

But he doesn't answer me (maybe he doesn't know what I'm trying to say) and instead he shakes my hand off and violently pushes past me and continues through the crowd.

Rude, I think to myself.

I quickly follow him and see him open a door leading to two teens making out on a bed. Another to a smoke filled room crowded with stoners.

He starts gasping and they sound more like animalistic growls. He basically crashes through the kitchen, shoving past people to the open door and out to the backyard.

Has he had too much to drink or is it something else? Did something happen between him and Allison? If he left because he didn't want to be with Allison I will personally kick him in the balls because Allison doesn't deserve that.

I walk back into the house aborting the mission to follow Scott. I lost sight of him anyway.

I see Stiles and walk over to him with a Budweiser in my hand.

I wave my hand in front of his face and he jumps quite comically.

"H-hi, Nora. You're looking pre-pretty." He clamps a hand over his mouth and I chuckle airily. I point at his slightly overdressed blazer and from what I can see in the light a red tie, I give him a thumbs up with my free had and that earns me a smile and a nervous hand through his short buzz cut hair.

I pull a piece of paper out from my clutch bag I had brought with me that is holding my glasses, phone and a notepad.

'Just saw Scott leave in a hurry.'

Stiles takes it from me and reads it at lightning speed and his head snaps up as his eyes meets mine. I pull my kimono tighter to me as a cold breeze comes in from the open back door.

"What? What do you mean?" He asks feverishly. Before I'm able to answer Stiles, a party-goer calls out something about the police.

Suddenly everyone is moving and frantically looking for an exit out of the mansion sized home.

A man, possibly only a few years older than myself, starts walking towards me and deadpans:

"You're a friend of Scott's." I nod slowly at him as he gestures for me to follow. He turns around and looks at me again. "I'll give you and your friend a ride home." He says before pointing towards Allison waiting outside the car. I smile at her as I follow the stranger to the...black Camaro...

"I'm Derek by the way."

"I'm Allison and she's Nora." I wave at him apprehensively as Allison gently jabbed me in the ribs with her elbow. That meant 'be nice'.

Allison and I climb into the Camaro and before we pull away from the house I see Stiles running towards the car, eyes wide with concern.

Shit..?

Derek drives us to Allison's house first, no directions needed. Yes, no directions. Okay, we have just climbed into a car with a sinister looking dude who knows where Allison lives.

She gets out of the car and I contemplate whether or not to get out with her as well but my decision is made when the door slams shut and the car starts driving again.

My phone buzzes inside my clutch bag and I see a message from Allison.

From: Allison.

Message: sorry xx

I groan inwardly but audibly and see Derek's ears prick up like a dog's and his eyes looked in the mirror and meet mine. I do my trademark airy chuckle, although I do it nervously and look back at my phone to pretend I'm looking sociable.

I put my phone away and look outside to see that we were outside my two bedroomed home.

I let out a shaky breath as I nod towards Derek in gratitude and quickly left the car and when I turn to look at the car it has already left.

•••

Short chapter I know but I do have like six other chapters already written and if you guys want I can update again sooner than I plan.

-Ashleigh ^.^