Chapter Sixteen

Pregnant.....

I read the stick as I sat in the bathroom. Achak and Simon were in a meeting at the neighboring pack while my brothers and I guarded and looked after the pack. Tears fell from my eyes as I stared at the stick....what...what...

That explains a lot...

I got up this morning feeling a bit more nauseous so I decided to use the bathroom and take the test...surprising...was I ready...was Achak ready...how do you even raise a child.

I jumped as someone knocked on the door.

"Who is it" I asked

"Veeeee, breakfasts ready sugar" she said.

"I'll be out in a minute" I said, hearing my voice tremble a bit. I heard her feet walk back down the stairs and I sighed. 

Getting up I hid the test in one of the jackets in my closet, Achak usually picked out his clothes with me...I have to figure it out first. Before I tell him....I have to make sure I could raise this baby...I want the best life for him...or her.

I headed downstairs and sat at the island table and waited for Vee, she usually liked to eat breakfast together. 

"You okay?" she asked sitting down and handing me a plate.

"Uhh....yeah I um..." I stuttered trying to come up with a lie. The tears rolled down my face as my head dropped to look at my hands on my lap.

"Char...what's wrong" Vee said...I felt her rubbing circles on my back. Sighing a bit I calmed myself down and took a deep breath.

"I'm...pregnant.."I mumbled. I heard Vee gasp.

"Honey that a good thing...why are you...oh honey" she said holding me.

"I don't know how to raise a kid.....I could barely make it through my childhood....I want the best for my baby....and I'm not the best" I said through tears. 

"Yes you are, you have grown so strong Charity, plus we are here to help too. Thats our niece or nephew" Cole said barging in.

I jumped and turned around to see all of my brothers in the kitchen. They looked happy. 

"When are you gonna tell Alpha man" Charlie said. I rolled my eyes and chuckled a bit.

"probably when he comes back" I said.

"good, he's a few minutes away" Carlisle said. My eyes went wide and I jogged upstairs.

"I'll tell him in our room okay?" I said standing in front the door.

"We'll be here listening"  Vee said sitting on the couch and peering her ears up towards the stairs. I rolled my eyes once again and just headed into the room to watch TV. Sighing I laid on the bed.

"Mommy....mommy wants the best for you honey.....she really does" I said rubbing my tummy a little bit. I closed my eyes and laid my head back as I listened and waited for the front door to open. 

After about 10 minutes I heard it open slightly and footsteps march in. I pulled my shirt back down over my belly and just looked at the TV.

"Puddin!!" Achak yelled opening the door and walking in. I smiled happily and walked over into his arms.

"Hey baby" I said softly.

"Ooo I missed you" he said holding me close.

"I missed you too, uh how was the trip" I asked walking over to the bed and sitting at the edge of it.

"Pretty calm, we talked about the annual Werewolf  that's coming up soon, in a few months." he said sitting next to me.

"Really. I forgot all about that." I said looking away.

"Yeah...I almost did. They want our packs guarding, we won't say names of packs we just say titles. No one has to know our pack name if we don't want them too" he said.

"Thats good" I said not able to me his eye anymore.

"babe.." he said softly. I felt his index finger go under my chin and lift it up...

"Baby...Char..what's wrong..i could tell somethings wrong." he said.

I got up from the bed and paced in front of him, he sat at the edge of the bed still looking at me. 

"I need to tell you something....it's not wrong...nothings wrong" I said pacing still.

"Okay.." he said sounding a bit worried...

"Im um...." I said breathing a bit heavy...

"Pregnant" I mumbled and instantly looked down. I stood in silence staring at the floor kind of scared to meet his eyes. 

We stayed in silence for a minute..maybe he was processing it.

"Achak" I whispered so softly...

I looked up to see him still sitting on the bed...he was gripping the edge of the bed while looking down at the big red carpet we had put on the floor.

"I thought...I thought You'd be happy" I mumbled. I felt the tears fall from my eyes while I looked at his shaking body.

"Achak say something!" I yelled getting a bit fed up.

"I umm...I ..." he said...

I watched him get up from the bed and walk out the room.  I watched him...I watched his back disappear from my reach as he walked out the room. I stood there as my heart left the room with him.

"Achak...."I whispered so softly.

"Char.." vee said walking in the room.

"go...please..just go" I mumbled. She was about to say something but she just closed the door and left. 

Sighing I slid down to the floor and laid my head on my knees. I let it fall..I let the tears fall.

Again... I wasn't wanted again. 

Two days past, Achak came back 5 minutes ago and went straight to his office. The two days I was quiet. I only ate a bit but I knew I had o eat something for the baby. I stayed in the room most of the time. 

"Breakfast Char" Cole said.

"Coming" I mumbled.

I headed downstairs. I was in baggy gray sweats and a black tank top that I'm pretty sure I wore already.  I glanced at the office  door and just sighed.

"Thanks vee" I said as she handed me a plate. I lowered my head and just ate a bit of the food.

"Has he talked to you" Cole asked.

"No...I don't know if he will" I mumbled. I stopped talking as I heard Achak walk into the kitchen. I looked down at my food ...I could feel it..His eyes were on me but I didn't dare look up.

Vee was sitting very close to me while rubbing small circles on my palms. I ate the last of my waffle and got up to put it in the sink. The kitchen was quiet, vee was still sitting while my brothers were in the attached dining room where you could right towards the kitchen.

I felt his gaze on me but I just continued to the sink. I jumped as his arm reached out and grabbed my wrist. I looked up at him and sighed. Pulling my wrist out of his grasp I scoffed at him and walked away.

He doesn't get to do this...he doesn't...it's not fair...

I walked upstairs and slammed the bedroom door right in his face. I will not talk on his time....He'd have to wait...