Chapter Eighteen

"Babyyyyy can you bring me some nachossss" I yelled from sitting on the couch.

"And Oreo with peanut butter" Vee said. We both sat on the couch watching the Law and Order: SVU marathon while Simon and Achak were running back and forth. Vee and I were both in our 3rd month right now. Our due dates were about two weeks apart from each other. 

I smiled as Simon and Achak ran into the living bringing what we needed. We've been like this for a while and they haven't complained yet. To be honest I'm very surprised.

I smiled as he walked in and kissed my tummy before siting next to me. I munched on some Nachos as we watched the TV. I jumped as Achak growled followed by Simon growling.

"They're here" Achak said softly.

"Who's here" Vee asked. 

I muted the TV as the doorbell rang one time. 

"I need you and Vee to go downstairs as fast as you can, into the basement" Achak asked.

"Why?" I asked.

"Baby I'll tell you in a minute just please go" he said kissing my forehead. I only nodded and headed downstairs. I screamed a bit as my brothers came after us and piled in slowly.

"Achak told us to stay in here with you guys" Cole said. I rolled my eyes and just let them shut the door.

"Shh, don't talk" Vee said. I sat on the floor with the help of my brothers and listened closely to Achak. I could hear his heartbeat. It was a little fast, I had a feeling whoever was at the door, it wasn't a friend.

"Simon go" I heard Achak say.

"No way, I'm watching this show" he chuckled. I heard their footsteps walk to the door and I sighed softly. Oh god please be okay. I had a feeling they knew exactly who it was at the door. 

"Achak" I heard a woman's voice say.

"Grandma......grandpa" he said softly but it seemed a bit forced. 

"You know what we've come for so please, hurry it up" the guy said.

I heard Achak run to a part of the room then run back. What was going on?

"How'd you even find us ?" Simon asked.

"Oh please, we knew you were in The Valley, it was just a matter of where in the Valley" the guy said again.

"Any descendants? or Mate? " the woman asked.

"No not yet. You'll be the first to know" Achak said. I sat a bit confused and just continued to listen.

"Better be...we don't want her dying like how you made the rest of the family die. We'll be back in a few months. Good day Achak" the woman said pulling the door in behind her.

"Shit...pack up we gotta go now!" I heard Achak yell to the whole pack.

"We leave now" Simon said.

"Achak whats going on?" I asked heading up the stairs slowly.

"I'll tell you on the way, Cole, Carlisle Charlie, stay here and make sure everything is packed up and good to go. Simon, me, Vee and Charity will go on ahead. I'll give you the location after." Achak said mumbling fast.

I felt him grab my arm hard and practically drag me along with him.

"Oww Achak" I said a little upset. I looked back and saw Simon pick up Vee and they headed towards the car.

"Achak" I mumbled. He ignored me and quickly opened the garage and opened the passenger door to our black suburban. 

"get in please" He said. I simply nodded and just strapped myself into the chair with the seat belt. Nodding he closed the door behind me and got into the drivers seat. 

I watched as he quickly pulled off but was sure to stretch his hand across me before he hit the breaks and drove off. Looking behind me I notice Simon's yellow Hummer right behind us.

"Achak what is going on?" I asked rubbing my wrist gently. He put a lot of pressure on my wrist. He glanced at me and took a double look at my wrist.

"Did I do that?" he asked. I nodded.

I noticed him biting his lip and a look of sadness cover his face.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. Give me your hand" he said. 

"It's fine Achak" I said glancing outside and just putting my wrist in his hand. I let him rub it gently as he drove with his other hand.

"That was my grandparents. They umm....they blame me for my family dying...so every few months they come to see if I have a mate. if I do...they said they will take her and keep her safe...." he said.

"But that doesn't sound so bad" I mumbled.

"Keeping you safe by keeping you away from me unless its time to mate and have kids. I saw the place they would keep you and trust me, its worse than prison...I can't let them have you. They will take you away forcefully. And they can't know you're pregnant either....cuz they will take the baby far away from me" he said with tears rolling down his face. 

I reached over and rubbed his hands softly. 

"they won't get me...or vee..so don't worry" I said softly.

"Thank you for understanding" he said.

"by the way, where are we going" I asked softly.

"New York. The Catskills, Near Alder Lake probably. They wouldn't even think to look there. Plus there's an old abandoned mansion that Simon used to renovate and use for parties. It bigger than our pack house so we will be fine. We're going first because I have to get you out of here in case they decide to come back. " He said getting a bit tense when he said the last part.

"Okay baby...I'll go where you go...so you don't have to stress over that." i said.

"How long is the ride?" I asked.

"20 hours I think. But we'll make stops so you can walk around a bit" he said.

"Okay baby" I said laying back in the chair and rubbing my tummy slightly. I was a bit worried because my due date was around next week.

"sorry....I didn't mean to drag you into all of this" he said mumbling quietly.

"mm...I dragged you into a lot too. I guess that's what makes it work. No matter how much we drag each other through, we pick each other up also " I whispered while looking outside.

"I love you so much" he said kissing my hand.

Smiling at him I leaned forward and kissed his cheek.

"I love you too baby"