Lots of love, Mommy

I walk into my apartment building while trying to get my keys out of my pocket. "Evening, Bella" Harold, the buildings evening security man, happily greets me. "Hello Harold! How are you this evening?" I say leaning up against the polished reception desk. Harold spins around in his chair, reaching to grab a clear bag half filled with a bunch of letters. "I'm well thanks dear." He says putting the bag in front of me, "This is all yours" He adds. I look down at the bag. "All of this?" I say patting the bag, "Yep. That's one week worth of mail." He says emphazing the one art. I wonder who these are from. I look up at Harold, "Well, looks like I have a busy night ahead of me" I sign throwing the bag over my shoulder, holding it by the string. "Have a good night, Harold" I say walking over to the elevator. "You too, dear" He replies, just as the elevator doors open. I step inside and pushed my button floor. Level 6.

This building is filled with apartments and goes up to level 6. Each floor has two apartments to it. On my floor, it's me and this little old lady, Anne, who lives with her daughter, Alice, and there three cats. Since we're the last level, we share the rooftop, but I mostly left it for Alice so she has her own personal space. Bing. Snapping out of my thoughts, I walk out of the elevator and towards my door, using my key to open it up.

Locking the door, I walk further into my apartment and throw the bag down onto the the coffee table as I fall onto the couch facing into the couch, sighing. A couple of minutes later, I turn around in my position and decide to open up the bag of letters. The first one I pull out had written over it,

Isabella Meriela
Rosewood Apartments, Level 6
Downtown Los Angles, CA

Return to sender:
- None -

Opening the letter up, I immediately notice the writing and scrunch it up and throw it back into the bag. I grab the bag and make my way out of my apartment and down to the rubbish bin area. I use the stairs and walk down the whole six floors. Finally, I open up the door and throw it into the open recycling bins. That's my workout for today. I open up another door that leads to the front desk and walk through, Harold quickly snaps his head up to face me with a serious face. "It's just me" I say walking over to the elevator, his face softens and goes back to reading his book. "Goodnight!" Harold says as the doors close.

I walk into my apartment once again for the second time this night. I grab out some leftover pizza and warm it up in the microwave. As I wait there's a knock at the door. Urgh. I lazily get up from my chair and make my way to open it. "Hello?" I say as I open it only to find no one standing there. The heck!? Am I hearing things!? I shake my head and close the door but it stopped by something into the doorway. Looking down I see a box with the letters, I.M.L. picking the box up and walk back inside and place the box on top of the kitchen island.

Before I open the box up, I grab my warmed up pizza slices and sit on one of the counter chairs. "Now. Who sent you" I mumble to the box as I open it, in the middle of it sits a letter with my name on it. This time in a different but familiar handwriting. I slowly open it up,

Mi querida hija,
It's me.
I apologise for reaching out to you only now, after all these months from not hearing from us, but I need your help.
I know it must sound so stupid for me to ask for your help, after all the things that your father and I put you through. I don't expect you to agree to help, but you know I wouldn't ask for it if I didn't need it.
If your sister didn't need it.
Ever since your father has been out of prison, he is still trying to make his business stronger and powerful here in Riverdale.
Gaining the attention of his enemies and more in the past months.
This is where I fear for your sister.
If I can't protect her anymore, I know you will.
You're the only one I truly can trust to and that can protect her. You always have and always will.
Please, come home. For Ronnie.
We miss you so much.

Lots of love,
Mommy.

Placing the piece of paper down, I lean forward with my elbows against my thighs and my arms holding me up as I cup my face with my hands.

"Eurgh. Riverdale here I come"

<<Not edited>>