Quidditch and a Bathroom

"Do you see that?" Ron asked with a look of disgust on his face.

     I followed his line of sight to the bleachers and spotted my favorite Slytherin sitting with Hermione. He made the green quidditch uniform look expensive like you had to be a millionaire to even think about touching the silky fabric. "I do now," I replied as my body heated.

     "Well, why do you think he's talking to her?"

     "I don't know, maybe he wanted to talk about classwork." The two burst into a fit of laughter. "Or not."

     Ron frowned at me. "I'm going over there to tell him to leave my girlfriend alone."

    "If Mione didn't want to speak to him, then she wouldn't. Besides, she said that they spoke and came to some form of understanding." Merlin, I wished I'd been a fly in the library that day.

     "She's only being nice to him because of you."

     "Because of me?"

     He rolled his eyes. "I told her she was mad, but Mione thinks that you like Malfoy."

     I swallowed hard, unsure I wanted to have this discussion with him when I didn't know the answer myself. "Sure, I like him."

     "No, she thinks you like him, like him."

     "Pff, she's barking." I chuckled then asked, "Do you think any of these guys will meet Ginny's high expectations?"

     Ron looked down at the field and scratched his head. "Maybe Jeffers, but he's a little small."

     "I don't know, he seems to know his way around the field pretty well. And I was a runt when I was his age."

     "You still are." Ron chuckled.

     "Shut it!"

     He laughed louder.

     "Potter and Weasley!" Ginny's voice boomed from across the field. "Get over here unless you don't want to be on the team."

     With a command to my broom, I was down by her side in seconds and Ron soon after that.

     Ginny said in her commanding Captain's voice—one I liken to Molly Weasley's screeching. "I'll maintain my role as Chaser. Potter is our Seeker, and Ronald is our Keeper. Jeffers and Thomas, you are Chasers. That leaves Jones and Smith as our Beaters. Broaden, and Carmen are our backup players. Congratulations everyone, practice starts tomorrow at four."

     Everyone clapped, and people shuffled off the field.

     Walking off the Pitch, I spied Hermione waiting at the main entrance for us. "I'm so proud of you for getting the Keeper position again, Ronald." They kissed. It lasted long enough for me to feel like I was intruding.

     Stepping back, I searched the sky for Draco.

     "Harry, congratulations to you too," Hermione said, pulling my gaze back to her.

     "Thanks," I muttered.

     "What's wrong?" Ron asked.

     "It's not a big deal, but tryouts were surprisingly fast for Ginny."

     Ron shrugged. "I wouldn't be surprised if she scouted everyone out beforehand and already knew who she was going to choose."

     I thought back to my chat with her and chuckled. "Probably."

     "I didn't mind," Hermione said.

     "I'm sure." Ron frowned. "What did you and Malfoy talk about?"