Parkinson Paradox

I wiped the corner of my mouth with my thumb to remove any leftover puke as I stood upright. Clearly, time-traveling then appariting is hard on my body.

     Pulling out my wand, I used the beautification spell Draco, and I created in third-year. The air around me whirled, and my clothes were straightened into place. My face and scalp tickled as makeup and hairbrushes repaired the damage the trip caused.

     Once everything settled, I adjusted my shoulders and walked down the hedge-lined path leading to Malfoy Manor.

     I aimed my wand to command the ornate gate open when its center morphed into an unpleasant old man's face.

     "What do you want?" it asked in a grumpy tone.

     Clearing my throat, I said, "I need to speak with Draco Malfoy regarding a serious matter."

     The metal face frowned. "And you are?"

     "Pansy Parkinson."

     "Is the young master expecting you?"

     "No, but—"

     "Then, you shall not pass." The face started to revert back into the metal poles.

     "It's vital I speak with Draco." I shifted my weight to the right and thought about how quickly I was going to get rid of this gate when Draco and I married. "Not that it's any of your business, but I came across secret information regarding Harry Potter's whereabouts."

     The beady eyes glared at me for a few long moments before clicking and screeching as it swung open. "Proceed."

     I took a deep breath as the disagreeable noise stopped working on my nerves. "Thanks, Squeaky."

     "Hupf," it grumbled and whined shut as I entered the grounds.

     The alluring Manor looked like a haunted house with castle-like features. It was my second favorite place to be—grandmamas is my first. On the far side of the hedge, tinkling water sang in a fountain, and the call from one of the rare albino peacocks filled the air.

     The large doors to Malfoy Manor immediately swung open as I stepped onto the wraparound deck. A house-elf waited in the entryway with a smile on her ugly face.

    "Where is he, Mimi?"

     "Hello, Miss Parkinson. I was instructed to show you to the drawing-room to await Master Draco's company."

     "Fine." I followed the house-elf to a large room that ozzed money from every painting, furnishing, and other rare knick knack decorating the space.

     "Would you care for some refreshments?" Mimi asked.

     "What's the date today?"

     "Celebrations for Holy Week will start tomorrow."

     I made a show of removing my expensive leather gloves that Blaise would approve of. "Get me peppermint tea. My stomach is upset."

     "Right away, Miss." The wrinkled creature vanished.

     I sat down on one of the ornate mahogany high-back chairs. Purring, I ran my hands over the luxurious black cushions like a cat stretching its claws.

     The house-elf returned with my tea a few minutes later. My stomach rumbled as I caught sight of the cucumber sandwiches and a few other goodies she brought. They tasted divine.

     I finished some food and my second cup of tea when Draco strolled into the room. His expensive black robes hugged his thin athletic body in all the right ways. And Draco's liquid silver eyes made me ready to bear his children right then and there.