Chapter 3

Year 2013

"MOMMY!" Maricar woke up from the voice of her youngest child. "Happy Birthday!"

She smiled, still half-awake, "Thank you, Baby" she embraced and kissed her rosy cheeks. Huffle giggled cause it tickles her.

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday to you!" She sat and looked at her three beautiful sons who are singing her a happy birthday with a cake on Raven's hand, they walk towards her.

Her heart fluttered with joy. After all the things that happened to her, they are the reason why she's grateful.

Her children.

"Mommy, make a wish!" Huffle said to her as she looked into her children. Raven, Gryffin, Slyther, and Huffle.

"I couldn't ask for more because I have you. All of you..." ​​Maricar said. It is true, they are her treasure. She could not ask for more.

"C'mon Mom, make a wish for yourself," Her eldest son, Raven, who stood not just a brother but a father as well for his siblings.

"Okay," she smiled and closed her eyes.

Lord, I can not ask for more. I'm grateful for everything You did for me. I became the best version of myself. Just make me stronger with the trials that would come, I would face it with a brave heart!

She opened her eyes and blew out the candles. Before she wanted to forget this day but right now, it was the happiest day, again.

Every year she loves herself more. With the help of her loved ones, she rises up!

She just established her own catering services and now, it is known. Famous personalities take him and there are opportunities to follow.

She's loving the life she has for the past years. It's good that some people came into her life and taught her to forgive and trust God.

Dominic was like a door that closed, but all the good things happened to her were like windows.

"Happy Birthday, Ma'am!" The employees greeted her. Aside from catering services, she has opened her own restaurant. "As the day goes by, you're looking younger and younger, Ma'am!" Aldre, her receptionist, said.

"Don't worry, I'll approve your three-day leave, go ahead" she replied with smiles on her face.

"That's true, Ma'am!" He insisted, "Anyway, Ma'am Maricris called and said please do not miss the dinner she prepared later in their house."

"Thanks, Aldre," She said and entered her office. She opened her email and got to reply with some business letters and mostly, birthday greetings.

She felt happy. There were a lot of people who remembered her. She was browsing for more greeting when her cell phone rang.

Unknown number?

"Good morning, is this Mrs.Maricar Delaverde?" Did she hear it right? She's not used with the name, anymore.

"It's Ms.Maricar Martinez" she emphasized the word 'Ms.' to correct it "Who's this?"

"Oh, sorry Ma'am, this is Gertrud from St.Luke's Hospital, you are the contact person of Mr.Dominic Delaverde on his driver's license. He got into a vehicular accident last night-- "

"What?" She was shocked at what she heard. This is the first time in seven years that she had heard his name again. "Where's his wife?"

"I'm sorry, Ma'am but you're his contact person." The nurse explained. "He's in critical condition, the doctor wants to speak with you"

"But I'm not--" she stopped. If she was called by the hospital, that means, Cynthia, his wife, did not know what had happened. "Alright, I'll come"

Maricar immediately went to the hospital and saw him. "Dominic .." she whispered. He looked so helpless.

"Mrs.Delaverde?" She turned around. Goodness, when was the last time she was called that?

"Maricar" she introduced her name. "What happened to him, Doc?"

"Vehicular accident. According to the test results, he was drunk" Maricar sighed as she closed her eyes, when did he become a drunk? "He has a severe concussion and broken ribs. Honestly, it was a miracle that he survived"

"What would gonna happen to him, Doc?" Her heart constricted, she didn't wish for this.

"My prognosis would be amnesia but still, we should wait until he wakes up" the doctor tapped her shoulder. "I'm sorry"

She approached him on the bed and watched the tubes attached to him, those machines were helping him to live.

"You have to wake up, Dominic. Your child with Cynthia's still young, don't make her a widow at an early age" She whispered and hold his hand.

"Dominic!" Even though she did not look at her, she knew who it was. It's Cynthia. "What happened?" She cried.

Maricar stepped back, "The doctor said that he got into a vehicular accident," she said. "He was drunk, Cynthia"

"You talked to the doctor?" There was a sting at her voice. "Who are you to do that?" She glared at her.

"C'mon, Cynthia, I'm not here to fight, they called me because I was the contact person in his license. I was the one who contacted you." The woman was silenced by what she said and suddenly shone her face.

"I'm going ahead, I hope he'll be fine" Maricar turned away and went straight to the car.

The night came and she was preoccupied. Maricris noticed her. "What's wrong, he did not call?"

Maricar sighed, "Dominic got into an accident," she said. "I was there earlier."

"What?" Maricris let out a chuckle. "Look at the karma--"

"Ate .." she whispered to her. "Regardless of what he did to me and our children, I didn't wish for him to get hurt"

"So, you saw her?" Maricris said, pertaining to Cynthia. "How's the bitch?"

"The kids might hear you, Ate" She whispered then sighed, again. "She seemed..nice?"

Maricris shrugged her shoulders, "How are you?" They look at each other.

"Well, It's normal for me to feel different when I see them again. I mean, this is the first time in seven years." She said.

Then, her cell phone suddenly rang, it's an unknown number once again.

"Hello?"

"M-Maricar?" The voice is familiar. "It's Cynthia" Why did she call her?

"Why?" Maricar looked at Maricris as she mouthed Cynthia's name to her.

"Y-you should come here. He's awake"

"Cynthia, I have nothing to do with--"

"He's looking for you" Huh? Maricar was confused.

Why is he looking for her?