Chapter 14

IT'S past 6 PM when she arrived at the Wizards to meet her ex-husband's wife, Cynthia.

She's not stupid not to know that her concern is Dominic. It will always be him. But, is there something they to talk about him?

"Good evening, Ma'am!" Tania greeted her, "Mrs. Delaverde is already here" she smiled and pointed her out.

At this moment, usually, Wizards is fully booked but even though there are a lot of costumers around, it wasn't so difficult for Maricar to see her.

She is sitting pretty at the corner, wearing a plunging black dress that didn't make her look like a whore rather made her look slick and regal while her black hair was tied in a messy bun that seriously added some statement in her look.

How could she sport this kind of look? If she wasn't a homewrecker she would really admire her without reservation. She would not deny that Cynthia is beautiful.

That's why she was in a deep depression for the first year when Dominic left them, every night she was visited by insecurity. Maricris had to look for a specialist just for her to get by.

Who wouldn't be insecure with Cynthia? She could still pass as a 25-year-old woman and no one would question it.

She's almost perfect until she fucked her ex-husband and destroyed their family.

She realized that desperation doesn't choose who to hit because even the most beautiful or most intelligent woman could be a fool for love.

She sighed and walked towards her. Cynthia is drinking red wine with her legs crossed.

"Cynthia" She faced her and lowered her glass

She gave a faint smile, "Have a seat" she sounded so calm but Maricar knew better, "Do you like a glass of wine?"

"Why are we here, Cynthia?" She didn't beat around the bushes anymore. She looked at her intently and consumed the remaining wine in the cup.

"I want to talk about my husband," she said as she emphasized the last two words.

See? She was right, "What about Dominic?"

"Stay away from my husband" The customers turned their heads from them upon hearing what she said.

Damn! She clenched her fist and brows furrowed. What does she want to imply? That she is flirting with Dominic? That she was the one who keeps on coming to him?

"What did you say?" She let out a fake chuckle, this is unbelievable. She's unbelievable! "What's your problem, Cynthia?"

Cynthia heavily sighed as she looked out the window outside the restaurant with eyes teared. From the moment, Maricar thought she was looking at the mirror for this is exactly her seven years ago. 

How she contained her tears and maintained her composure. How she managed to smile even when it hurts. How she managed to stand even when she's broken.

"Cynthia, what's wrong?" she asked her calmly.

Cynthia wiped her tears instantly and sighed, "H-He won't talk to me" she inaudibly said but enough for her to hear, "He won't look at me. For him, I was just a mistake... That I'm the reason why your family is broken."

She looked at her. Cynthia looked so tired and fragile right now. She could easily tell her that it's true that she did break her family apart but she knew better. She won't stoop that low.

"What do you want, Cynthia?" She wants to end this conversation right now. Cynthia looks weak and she might feel pity for her. She didn't want that.

"It won't help that you let him into your life again, Maricar---"

"Look, Cynthia" She cut her off, "We managed to stay away and kept our silence to ourselves. This wouldn't happen if you didn't call me and asked me to go to the hospital in the first place! You shouldn't talk to me about this, why don't you both just pack your bags and leave?"

"It's not that easy!"

"As for me!" She sighed and bit her lips. She didn't want to cause any drama, "I stayed away from the both of you so that I can fix what's left of me that you both wrecked. Now, it's not my fault anymore if your husband keeps on coming back to us, that's not my problem anymore."

Cynthia lost it. She broke down and held her hand. Her whole system reacted with her touch.

"D-Do you still love him?" She stilled with her question.

Does she still love Dominic?

"No" she answered with conviction, "Not anymore. I've already moved on." Because it's Tristan now.

----

She went home instantly after their talk last night. It seemed that her body went weak that she could still feel it the next day.

"Hey, are you okay?" Maricris came immediately upon knowing that she won't be able to report at Wizards, "Have you drink any meds?"

"I'm fine, I just need to rest. That's all"

Her sister nodded at her and sighed, "So, what happened last night?"

"You wouldn't want to know," she said and lay down on the bed properly, "It's kind of pissing me off either"

"Wow," Maricris was surprised with what she said, "You're pissed off? Is that you?" She let out a chuckle and lay beside her.

She sighed and remembered their conversation last night, "Why do I feel that I'm the one who's snatching a husband?" she said, "She told me to stay away from her husband, that we should stay away from Dominic"

"Bitch?" Maricris reacted yet her expression changed when she looked at her, "Hey, I don't think that you're fine"

"I have a hunch on what's going on with me" She replied and held her chest. She feels nauseous and bloated at the same time.

"Should I bring you to the hospital?" Maricris panicked, "Should I call 911?"

"Ate..."

"Wait, where's Raven? Is he still at school?"

"Ate!" Maricris stilled when she gave that meaningful look.

"Oh my..." She covered her mouth upon realizing what she meant, "You're pregnant!"

She chuckled with her reaction, "I'm still not sure though but I'm three weeks delayed"

"Then, what are we waiting for?" Maricris rushed at the nearest pharmacy to buy a pregnancy test kit.

She bought the early pregnancy test kit that could detect as early as the first week of pregnancy.  She should wait for three minutes before checking the result.

"How did it go?" Maricris asked her while waiting outside the comfort room, "What's the result?"

She gasped for air as she saw the lines.

One red and a faint pink next to it.

"Oh my! I'm gonna be an Auntie, again!" Maricris jumped for joy while she still couldn't speak. It hasn't sunk in yet, "I'm sure Tristan would be so delighted to know!"

Oh, she couldn't wait to tell it to Tristan! He would be thrilled. He might drag her to the altar right away or even marry her in civil because of this!

She smiled with the thought. She held her stomach and could already feel the love for her baby.

She couldn't wait to tell them! She's pregnant!