Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"So how did your training go?" Daniel asked. We got our food from the dinner line, and we were sitting at our normal table.

"We didn't do much. He just went over some basic spells that I already knew." I told him. He didn't answer right away.

"Why aren't you eating?" He asked a few minutes later.

I looked down at my plate. All the spaghetti was still there, but I just swirled it around. I didn't actually eat any. I sighed.

"Daniel, look at the people around us."

He took a deep breath and turned to the people at tables nearby. Some were staring at me, some were whispering while stealing glances at me, and some were glaring.

"They look at me like I'm some sort of freak." I told him, feeling my eyes tear up. He pursed his lips and leaned across the table.

"You. Are not. A freak. Understand?"

I looked at Daniel in shock. He seemed pretty angry about this. I nodded my head slowly.

"Actually, Daniel, I think I'm just going to go up to my room, if that's alright with you." I told him.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to be hungry." He said. I nodded.

"I'll be fine."

I quietly walked up the flights of stairs. I knew where my room was by now, it was just the other parts of the castle that confused me. As I turned a corner to go to the final flight of stairs, a hand roughly grabbed my shoulder. I screamed in shock as the person threw me against the wall.

"Where'd you get it?! Where'd you get those powers?!" Someone screamed in my ear.

I opened my eyes to see a guy about my age grabbing on to me with a furious expression on his face.

"I-I don't know." I said, terrified.

He raised his hand, and red sparks came out of it. My eyes widened.

"Alright, Devin, let her go."

My eyes snapped to Ryder, who was leaning on the railing. I wonder why he always did that. Devin scowled.

"Get out of here, Ryder. She's the one I want, not you." Ryder chuckled.

"And if I don't?"

let go of me and threw himself at Ryder. Fortunately, Ryder dodged him, causing Devin to run into a wall.

Ryder flipped him so his back was against the wall, and he threw multiple punches at the guy. Devin fell to the ground, covering his face.

"Fine, enough!" He yelled.

Ryder grabbed him by his jacket, picked him up from the ground, and shoved him towards the staircase. Luckily, Devin got the hint and started running down the stairs. I stood there a moment, shocked.

"Well, you sure are lucky to have me."

Ryder said cockily. I looked into his eyes, and I felt mine getting wetter. Ryder's face got serious. "Whoa. You okay?" He asked.

And then I lost it.

Tears ran down my face, and I just fell to the floor and started crying. I felt Ryder's hands rubbing my back, trying to soothe me. A few minutes later, I felt him put his arms under me and pick me up. I buried my head into his shoulder as he carried me to my room.

When we got to my door, he set me down, and I unlocked it.

"Thank you for helping me. But I want to go to sleep now." I said, shutting the door in his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7-10-14

Grr, I don't like this chapter. The story isn't really going the way I wanted it to.