Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"What did you get for number 8?" Daniel whispered to me.

Our History of Magic teacher gave us some time to work on our homework for the class period.

"Daniel, it's right there in black and white in your textbook!" I told him, laughing.

He groaned. "But that's too much wooooork." He said. "It's a lot easier if I can just copy off of you."

I rolled my eyes, laughing. "Fine," I said, sliding my paper over to him.

"Hey guys!" I heard a voice say. We both looked up to see Sarah walking towards our table. We both smiled at her.

"Hey Sarah, what's up?" Daniel asked.

She smiled. "Not much. So what do you guys think of the Autumn Formal coming up? It's all what everyone's talking about."

Daniel rolled his eyes. "It seems pretty dumb. And why do we have to ask the girls?"

Sarah laughed. "It's tradition! Part of the school's cirriculum is to turn boys into gentlemen and girls into young women!" She explained.

"Weird." Daniel said. Sarah laughed again.

"You're so funny! What about you, Annalise? What do you think?"

I shrugged. "It's nice to have a formal, but it shouldn't be required. Especially for shy people like me."

She nodded her head. "I guess I can understand that. Hey Daniel, I'm having a hard time with a zipper on my bag over at my desk. Do you think you can fix it for me?" She asked.

"Sure." Daniel said, getting up to go to her bag.

"Okay Annalise, can you help me? I would really like Daniel to ask me to the formal. Please?"

I stared at her in shock. She liked Daniel? "I mean, I can probably talk to him for you." I told her.

She smiled cheerfully. "Really? Thank you so much!" Just then, Daniel came back with her bag.

"It's all fixed now." He said.

"Aww, thank you so much! I guess it just needed a strong arm to fix it." She said flirtatiously. Wow.

He smiled a little. "It's no problem."

She grinned and walked away. He started gathering his belongings since it was the end of the class period. "Are you gonna be okay for your next three classes?" He asked me. "I worry about you."

I smiled. "I should be okay. Oh and Daniel?"

"Yeah?"

"Have you thought about who you are going to go to the formal with yet?"

He shrugged. "I just kind of figured we were going to go together." He said.

"Oh. I mean, I kind of think you should ask Sarah."

He looked up at me. "Really? Why's that?"

"I don't know, I just think you should." I told him.

He shrugged. "I guess if you want me to. Will you be okay finding a date?" He asked.

I nodded. "Sure."

He smiled. "Cool, I'll walk you to your next class."

"I can take care of that."

We turned around to see Ryder behind us, sitting on a desk.

"Thanks, but I got it."

Ryder jumped down from the desk. "Really, it's no problem. I have class with her next anyway."

"I get that, but after last night I'm really worried about her-"

"And wasn't I the one to get her out of trouble? Trust me, I can make sure she gets to her next class without being mugged." Ryder said, chuckling.

Daniel looked between the two of us and sighed. "See you at lunch." Daniel said as he turned around and walked out of the classroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10-12-14

Thank you for reading!