Chapter 31

Chapter 31

"You need what?"

Ryder was looking at his feet, showing how uncomfortable he was. "I need your advice... about... girls."

I raised my eyebrows. "Why are you asking me? I am horrible at this stuff!" I said honesty. He shrugged.

"Well I can't ask Katrina, it's about her." He added.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

He sat down on my couch, and I walked over and sat next to him. "So you know, I'm going to the formal with Katrina tomorrow. And lately she's been kinda..."

"Annoying? Mean? Selfish? Rude? High maintenance?"

He chuckled a little bit. "Yeah." I smiled a little bit.

"And I mean, I'm still going to take her, but I don't know how I can keep her from being all over me. And when we go out to dinner tomorrow, I don't want her to ruin your night either."

"Either?" I asked him sadly. He forced a smile.

"Yeah. I already know she's going to ruin my night."

"Oh no." I said, trying to figure something out. "Well, why did you ask her?"

"She was pretty hot." He answered. "I wasn't thinking about all of the comments she makes."

I nodded my head. "Okay, so when we go out tomorrow, maybe you can try to avoid her as much as possible without being rude. Maybe she'll get the hint." I suggested.

"Maybe. Okay, so just for clarification, what is too rude?" He asked.

I thought about it for a minute. "Well, you probably shouldn't say anything about her ruining your night. And you shouldn't tell her you don't want to go with her anymore either."

"Okay. I'm afraid I am going to get angry and lose it."

"Hmm, I don't know how bad your temper is I guess." I said, chuckling.

"It's bad." He said. "Very bad."

"Well, I will try to never make you that mad then." He smiled a little bit. "Just remember, it's only one night that you have to be her date. For the next one, you can ask someone else. And if you don't want to, then you don't even have to ask anyone." I reminded him.

"I guess not. I'm still not happy about you and Logan going together, by the way." I sighed.

"Everything will be okay, Ryder. It's all going to work out, okay?"

"I'd rather see you go with Daniel."

"He's going with Sarah." I said

"You're so stupid."

"Excuse me?" I asked, offended.

"He likes you. Are you that blind?" He asked.

"What? No he doesn't. I know he doesn't."

"No guy would act like that if he didn't like you, Annalise."

"I don't believe you." I said. And I didn't. There was absolutely no way Daniel could like me. I mean, yes, he did hold my hand tonight, but it was a friendly thing. Besides, he asked Sarah to the formal, not me.

"Look, I know you're shy, and you don't seem to have a lot of confidence in yourself, but trust me on this one." he said. I stared at him in shock. He laughed a little bit. "Well, thanks for all of your helpful advice, but I should be going now. We don't have school tomorrow, so we don't have to train!"

I smiled a little bit. "Okay that works for me."

"See you tomorrow night!" He said.

"Okay, good night!"

"Good night."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/26/15

Thanks for reading, guys!