Chapter 1: Mysterious Man

Kaito stood up as he ran a hand through his spiky hair while looking at his phone. It was nearly midnight as Kaito walked down the hill, being careful not to trip on any upturned roots or slip on a loose patch of gravel. It didn't take long for Kaito to notice that the most cloud from earlier had now overtaken him and the path in front of him, "Dammit." Kaito whispered softly under his breath while trying to see through the thick is mist. Reaching into his pocket, Kaito pulled out his phone and with a quick push of a button, the flashlight feature was on lighting the path in front of him.

The flashlight didn't help much though, it barely showed a foot in front of the path. Kaito huffed slightly in annoyance before his foot caught on something, sending him tumbling a few yards down the hill, dropping his phone as he fell. When Kaito finally manages to stop his trip down the hill, he laid on his stomach with a few bruises on his limbs and a few scratches with small droplets of blood leaking from them.

A soft hiss of pain came from Kaito as he slowly sat up, before noticing someone was standing in front of him, holding his dropped phone out to him. "Wha-?" Kaito looked up and saw a mysterious young man. He wore what looked like a torn up straight jacket though it was modified with clips holding it together on the right side and seven colorful buttons on the left, he also wore a pair of white pants, a soft looking checkered scarf, and what looks like a long flowing cloak and commanders hat that hit parts of the man's the dark curly indigo hair.

Kaito gulped as he then stood up brushing himself off before grabbing his phone from the man "Thanks?" when Kaito got a better look at the man he noticed how sickly pale he looked, he even seemed to sway softly from side to side. "You ok man?" Kaito asked with a worried frown. The man then opened his mouth slightly as if he was going to say something but before he could get a word out, it's world suddenly when black as he fell forward making Kaito catch him.

Kato easily caught the man with a small surprised yelp. It was then that Kaito noticed how cold and frail the man was, knowing he couldn't leave the man out here he easily picked the man up, placing him on his back and made his way back into the city.

The walk was long but the two did make it, once inside the building Kaito carried the man to his dorm room. Once inside the room, Kaito walked into his bedroom and set the man down on the soft covers, he then easily tugged the cloak and hat off the man and set them at the foot of the bed after neatly folding the cloak. Kaito then easily tugged the blankets over his unexpected guest. He could always sleep on the couch.

Before leaving the room Kaito changed into his pajamas being just an oversized space pattern tee shirt and his boxers and grabbed a spare blanket and pillow, once done he made his way out into the main room and laid down on the couch. It took only a few minutes for Kaito to fall asleep as he laid sprawled out on the couch with a series of soft snores.