5. A New Journey

Abhishek sat with Diya in his laps, playing with her and making her laugh. Seeing her daughter so happy, Divya got tears in her eyes. She wiped them with her hand not wanting any one to notice but alas! Diya did.

"What happened Mumma?" the child rushed towards her mother. Divya shook her head and lovingly told her daughter, "Mumma loves you a lot." The mother-daughter shared a hug and then Diya was taken to the washroom by Divya. 

Abhishek sat on the bed and took a deep breath. "I did not expect Diya to accept me so easily. Now it is my responsibility to take care of her. But first of all I have to talk to Mom Dad about Divya's job." He sat there thinking about the recent changes in his life. His thoughts were interrupted by Divya and Diya, who re-entered the room. 

"Let us go outside. It is eight already," said Divya. Abhishek nodded. Together all three of them left their room.

 Together all three of them left their room

It was a three BHK flat. On entering, one would find a small bedroom on his left side and in the front was Hall. On the right side of the hall were two doors, one opened to the balcony while other opened to the kitchen. In front of the kitchen was the room of Swati-Vinay. On the left side was Divya and Abhishek's room. 

Hall

When the three entered the hall, they found Swati over there, drinking water. Divya moved forward to touch her feet but was stopped by her mother-in-law. "Don't make me feel like an old lady. Good morning Diya."

Diya quitely wished her. Swati smiled and said to Divya, "You must be aware of that custom according to which you will have to prepare something sweet." Divya nodded.

"Great. You can prepare Suji Halwa. It is simple. And for breakfast, prepare bread and omelette. And Abhi help her with the breakfast," said Swati.

Divya protested, "It's not needed. I will prepare it alone." Swati looked at her sternly and said, "Do you know where the ingredients are kept? No. Then how will you prepare alone."

Divya smiled. Swati patted her head and went to her room. Divya carried Diya to the kitchen and made her sit on the counter. Then, with the help of Abhishek, she started preparing the breakfast.

Half an hour later

Everyone was sitting on the dining table waiting for the breakfast. Mr. Vinay was sitting at the head of the table, with Mrs. Swati on his left side and Abhishek at his right. Divya entered the room with the breakfast, followed by Diya. She served the breakfast to everyone, along with tea (milk for Diya). Sitting next to Abhishek, she made Diya sit on her lap, when Abhishek interrupted, "Can I feed her?

Divya nodded. Abhishek made Diya sit in his lap and fed her lovingly. Diya sat quietly, eating and looking at everyone. Vinay smiled at her and said, "I am your GrandPa. And she is your GrandMa." He told her pointing at his wife. Diya cutely smile at them. 

As everyone finished eating, Abhishek spoke, "Mom-Dad, I was thinking that Divya should also work on her career. I mean, after doing fashion designing sitting at home is not a good idea, is it?"

Swati nodded, "Yes. Divya, what do you think?" Divya looked at all of them and finally at Diya. 

Vinay said, "We can take care of Diya. Do YOU wish to work?" Divya nodded and said, "I always wanted to work as a fashion designer, have a boutique of my own...." She stopped herself from speaking further. "That is a great idea. Start planning and I will help you," said an excited Swati. 

Divya hesitated. She did not understand how to react. She looked at everyone. 

Vinay smiled at her and said, "Don't hesitate to make your dream come true. And about Diya, first of all, we will take care of her and secondly, she will feel proud of you."

Divya blinked her eyes to stop her tears from flowing. She looked at the people around her not knowing what to say or think.

Just when she thought that everything was over, a new journey began. Just when she thought that she was at the last page of the book, life gave her a pen to write her own story.

_________________________________________________

So, how is it?

What will happen now? 

Do share your thoughts and opinion..........

~Purnima