10. A Beautiful Sight....

Listening to Abhishek's calm yet angry tone, Lata shuddered. It was true. Abhishek was a very calm person but if he gets angry, he becomes more dangerous than the God of Death himself. Lata somehow mustered courage and spoke to Diya, "If he is your father, ask him when is your birthday?" Diya looked at her Daddy, who smiled and answered, "Next Sunday." Diya gave him a big cute smile and looked at Lata, as if challenging her. Lata opened her mouth to say something but Vinay interrupted, "I don't think Abhi has to prove to anyone that he is indeed the father of Diya." And that was it.  His tone made it clear that the discussion was over. 

Lata spoke angrily, "I am not going to stay here anymore. No one has insulted me like this." She turned to leave the room. Divya got up to stop her but Abhishek held her hand and stopped her. And finally, Lata left the house, promising that she wouldn't return. 

Divya felt strange. Now, she knew the meaning of her father-in-law's "You are our family and she is a guest." She could not believe the happenings of the day. The visit to the mall and Abhay...the nameplate.....the dinner at her maternal house....and now this. Were these people for real?

Swati took a deep sigh and then asked Diya, "Will Diyu sleep with us?" Diya shook her head and hugged her Daddy. Everyone chuckled. Abhishek took Diya in his lap and made her sleep. Swati and Vinay left the room. The couple too laid down on the bed with their daughter in the middle.

Looking towards him, Divya said to Abhishek, "Thank you." An angry Abhishek answered her, "Shut up. Why the hell were you listening to her rubbish. When Diya came inside, you should have followed her but no, you had to hear to her.

"She is elder to me. I couldn't disrespect her," said Divya. Abhishek gave a sarcastic laugh, "And she was giving you tons of respect." Divya opened her mouth to say something but Abhishek spoke first, "I don't care about anyone, elder or younger. If they hurt Diya then they will see my worst side." Divya hummed in response. They called for a night. 

Next Morning

The morning came sooner than expected. Divya woke up and stretched her body. It was her second day in the house. After the happenings of the first day, she did not wish to imagine what could happen today. She went to the washroom to freshen up and when she came back, the scene in front of her eyes made her morning more beautiful than anything else. 

Abhishek and Diya were sleeping peacefully, with Diya all over him and Abhishek holding her protectively

Abhishek and Diya were sleeping peacefully, with Diya all over him and Abhishek holding her protectively. She smiled at them and clicked a picture. She had a perfect surprise planned for Diya and was determined not to let anything destroy it.

She sighed, remembering the time when a smaller Diya used to ask for her father, wishing to meet him, to play with him and to trouble him. She would plead, threaten and pray that she should be taken to her father. But that could not be allowed. How could Divya allow her to meet a man who had wanted to kill her even before she was born! She could only offer toys and chocolates to distract her. But the distraction did not work for a long period. Divya swallowed the lump in her throat, wondering what would happen when Diya would know that Abhishek was not her real father.....

__________________________________________

So, how is it?

A small request to my dear readers...you don't have to tell me about the size of the chapter, I am very much aware of it.

~Purnima