19. What Would Come, Would Come

Principal's Office

Divya and Abhishek entered the office along with Diya. They were greeted by a middle-aged lady, "Good Morning. Please have a seat." Abhishek and Divya wished her and sat down with Diya. The principal, Mrs Karishma Mathur, smiled at Diya and offered her a chocolate. Diya looked at her for sometime and then took the chocolate with a smile and said, "Thank you!

Mrs Mathur smiled and asked, "What is your name?" Diya replied cutely, "My name is Diya Srivastava." "And who are they?" asked the principal. "They are my Mumma and Daddy," sad Diya. 

The interview continued. Diya answered all the questions enthusiastically and was asked to start attending the classes from the very next day. 

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

Life was going on very smoothly for the Srivastavas. Diya had begun her school life and looked forward to the school each day. Divya had started dress designing on a small scale. She was taking requests from her neighbours and making dresses for them. Her enthusiastic mother-in-law was helping her in every way possible. The family was also searching for a perfect place for her to start a boutique. 

Divya's maternal family was not very happy with her decision to work. Her mother had called her and reprimanded her decision, saying, "Instead of taking responsibility of your family, you are busy in your useless work. You should take care of your in-laws and serve them and your husband. God knows what is wrong with your brain." Divya had listened to all this and forgotten about them as soon as the call was over. She was receiving tremendous support from her in-laws and did not care about anything else. 

Abhishek and Divya were getting along well. Their friendship was growing and the bond was strengthening. Divya had still not shared her feelings with Abhishek. It was all new for her. She was confused, excited, nervous, afraid and what not. She wished to talk to someone but thanks to her ex-husband, she had lost her contact with all her friends. 

Today was Divya and Abhishek's one month anniversary. Despite their thousands of refusal, Swati had planned a small dinner for themselves and Divya's parents. 

Evening, Dining Room

Everyone was sitting and enjoying the food. Out of a sudden, Sunita asked her daughter, "Divya, when are you giving us a good news?"

Divya stared at her mother but before she could say anything, her father-in-law spoke, "Yes Divya, even we are waiting for the opening of your boutique?" Divya stifled a giggle and nodded her head. Swati asked her, "I forgot the name you decided for the boutique. What was it?" Divya chuckled and said, "Mom, how can you forget it when I haven't told you? It is a surprise." Vinay and Abhishek chuckled. Seeing her Daddy laughing, Diya too laughed. Abhishek kissed her forehead. 

Dinesh and Sunita were not happy with their daughter. She was not planning the rules of a married women. But they could not say anything as her in-laws were okay with her behaviour. Nevertheless, Sunita said, "Divya, you should also plan your family?" This time it was Abhishek who answered, "We have planned it, Mom and we are very happy with Diya for now." There was finality in Abhishek's tone. His tone implied that the discussion was over. 

Nothing more was said on that topic. Dinesh and Sunita left soon after the dinner. After their departure, Vinay spoke to Divya, "Don't pay attention to these things. You have full right to live your life. We will support you no matter what.

Divya smiled but her smile did not reach her eyes. She had a fear in her heart. But her heart knew, "What would come, would come...and (s)he would have to meet it when it did."

(Quote from Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire)

__________________________________

So, how is it?

This chapter is dedicated to swedish63. Thank you dear for nominating this story in "The Fan Nomination Awards 2018". 

If you feel that the story is good enough, do nominate it. The genre is "General Fiction". Link in comments.

~Purnima