6. Jealousy??

Sitting inside the car, Divya couldn't help but think about the morning conversation with her in-laws. She had given up on her dreams, even forgotten them. But here, she was told to fulfill her dreams. Not knowing what to do, she did what always calmed her - she pulled her daughter and hugged her. Abhishek saw them through the rear view mirror and smiled. 

The three of them were going to Infiniti Mall, located in Andheri West, Mumbai. It was Vinay's idea to send them out together but the location was chosen by Abhishek for the only reason that his daughter couldenjoy. 

After driving for around an hour, Abhishek announced, "We are here." They got down the car and entered the mall, Abhishek carrying Diya in his arms. "So what does Diyu want?" asked an excited Abhishek. Diya answered with equal enthusiasm, "Chocolates!!!" Both Abhishek and Divya laughed at her response. 

Abhishek looked at Divya and said, "Let's buy some clothes for her." Divya nodded. She could see the efforts Abhishek was making towards Diya. All the anger she had for this man prior to their wedding was gone with the wind. She was ready to give their relation a chance. No sooner had she taken the decision than she saw the man she hated the most. 

Abhay Shukla, her ex-husband was standing at some distance. He had not noticed her yet but....She couldn't let him meet Diya. No, she couldn't hurt her child. She saw Abhishek and Diya going towards the showroom where Abhay was standing. She hurried to them and pulled him, "Let's go somewhere else." Abhishek frowned but sensing fear in her eyes, he held her hand and they changed their path. As they entered a showroom, Divya heaved a sigh of relief.

Abhishek made Diya sit on a stool and told the salesgirl to show some clothes for her. He turned to Divya and asked her, "What happened?" Divya whispered, "He is here. Abhay is here."

Abhishek looked at her still confused. "Who is Abhay?" he whispered to her. She whispered back, "My ex-husband. Diya's father. Please, I don't want Diya to meet that man. Please Abhishek please." Abhishek jaw clenched. Even he did not want to meet that man. "If you don't want her to meet him, she won't. And that is my promise." Saying so, he got involved in seeing dresses for his daughter. 

After almost an hour, Abhishek and Diya finalized a few dresses. Divya was just a mute spectator to them. The change in Abhishek's demeanor did not go unnoticed by her. She was unable to find a reason for the change. She silently followed him out of the showroom, silently wishing that they do not run into Abhay. 

"Daddy, I am hunnnnngry," said Diya to her father. Abhishek kissed her cheek and said, 'Then we will eat something," saying so, Abhishek carried Diya to the food court. 

Settling on their seats, they ordered egg sandwiches for themselves. Here too, Abhishek made Diya sit on his laps and fed her lovingly. Divya looked at them, thinking, "How can he love someone else's child?" However, she did not dare to say her thoughts aloud lest she should hurt both of them. She ate her meal, smiling at the love she witnessed in front of her. She felt happy for her daughter.

Diya, after filing her tummy with the delicious sandwich, rested her head on her father's chest and encircled her arms around his neck. Within minutes, she was asleep.

At that moment, he forgot everything. Holding her protectively, the father smiled. What more did he need than holding his child in his arms!  

____________________________________________

So, how is it?

What do you think will happen now?

Don't forget to share your thoughts and opinions.... and also he story.

~Purnima

PS. Those who are interested in knowing the story of Vikram and Priya(from Love Always Wins), please check the story Eternal Love.