I knew you from another time

"Let's go, Chara. Let's ask Sans what we should do first," Frisk said as he took his counterpart's hand. It's not that Frisk didn't trust him to follow, it's just that he couldn't trust him. Chara had already wanted to try to attack both him and Alphys, but for what he couldn't understand, was why he couldn't attack them. It didn't make sense.

"Great, let's head over to that stupid comedian..." Chara tried to pull his hand away, believing that the only reason he couldn't attack Frisk may be because he was the first person Chara saw. Maybe it was because Frisk and Chara are one and the same. Neither of them knew, but until Alphys can figure this out, he couldn't kill her. "Let me guess. You're all buddy buddy with the bag of bones too, aren't you?"

Frisk nodded, a little smile taking over his face as he saw one of his friend's many job locations. He knew that Sans is probably aware that something was wrong in this timeline by now and should be somewhere nearby, watching them just in case. If anything, Frisk knew that Sans would never let a potential threat to all monster kind go ignored without checking it out first.

"Of course he's my friend. He's one of my best friends, no, more like an older brother to me," Frisk said jovially. He then noticed his friend standing there selling a few hot dogs in the area. "Hey there, Sans! How's it going?"

Sans smiled as he watched Frisk run over to him. "Hey buddy, what do skeletons say before dining?" When Frisk shrugged, he answered, "bone appetite."

"That was lame. Can't you come up with something better? Those boring jokes make me want me want to cut off my own ears," Chara said as he rolled his eyes. He stepped closer to Frisk with his arms crossed over his chest. "Honestly, you're just as annoying as Papyrus was, except he let me play my favorite game with him."

"Chara." Sans's voice grew darker with that one word, dripping poison as he did so. Frisk noted the look on the skeleton's face as he glared at the boy in the green shirt, shooting daggers at each other. He also noticed the smile on Chara's face, knowing that his growing anger was amusing to that boy.  Trying to warn him against the idea of making Sans angry, Frisk shook his head no, waving his hands in front of him until he was pushed behind the skeleton. "Do you want to have a bad time?" 

From what Frisk could see, Chara held out his knife in front of him, a grin on his face as he got into a fighting stance as Sans raised his hand, his eye glowing blue while his magic surrounded Chara. Like nothing, Chara was knocked down and hit multiple times with bones and his gaster blasters. The boy couldn't help but cry out in pain, just as Frisk did the same. The only difference was that by the end of the attack, Chara was still standing, ready for more.

"Buddy, you okay?" Sans asked, stopping his attack to aid the boy. Frisk laid on the ground for a bit, waiting for the pain to subside, while Chara, on the other hand, chuckled. "What's going on with you? Did you really feel that attack?"

"Stupid bag of bones, you shouldn't have looked away from me!" Chara tried his best to attack Sans, but missed him as the skeleton dodged. "Just die already!"

Sans shook his head no, "what? Did you really think I was just going to stand there and let you hit me? This isn't your time, so how are you here? What happened to the timelines?"

Frisk stood up as he said, "something happened with Alphys. I was trying to help her make this stick thing from Mew Mew Kissy Cutie for Undyne, but it went wrong. I got hit with it, and there was a bright light." He met his friend's eyes as Sans helped him back onto his feet. "The next thing we knew, Chara was behind me and wanted to kill her."

"I know he does. In another time line, he murders everyone. I was the one who was going to pass judgement on his soul," Sans explained, glaring back at the smiling boy. He knew that just by mentioning it, Chara was amused. "He's entirely made of LOVE, and needs to be judged for the crimes he's committed. Those sins he carries on his back must be heavy by now."