Capture the beast

It was late at night when Chara woke up in his bed, hearing a voice very familiar and yet very different calling out to him. Looking around for a bit, he scanned the room in an attempt to find the source of the sound all while remaining silent as to not wake up Frisk.

Frisk was sleeping peacefully in the other bed with Flowey near him. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary in the room, but something seemed strange to him. As if by instinct, Chara had reached out for his knife, expecting to feel the cold metal in his hand, only to remember he had thrown it at Sans.
​​​​​​
"Come on, Chara. What are you waiting for?" The voice said almost in a whisper. Despite what he heard, Chara couldn't tell if the voice was a boy or a girl. It was as if it was a mix of the two. It wasn't as deep as a man's voice and it wasn't as light as a girl's. He couldn't describe it, but the voice gained his attention. "Kill them all. Destroy this pathetic world. Don't you want to be strong? Don't you want to rule this land?"

For some reason, painful memories played in his mind. Memories of his home village hurting him, yelling at him, and even cursing his name whenever he walked by ran through his mind as anger coursed his veins. He couldn't forget something like that even if he wanted to, and boy did he want to. Back then, he was only known as the evil child, others finding the very thought of using his name repulsive. Everyday getting pushed around, beaten, Chara swore that he would never let anything like that happen to him again. He would never let himself become some thing that wasn't even worth a name.

"Stop it. They can't even compare to me. I did what they wanted me to do, and became the evil of the world." Chara said as he took a breath, trying his best not to lose his cool. He then quietly climbed out of bed, careful not to wake Frisk, before looking back to see Flowey watching him.

"What are you doing, Chara?" Flowey asked, sleep leaving his voice as he began to wake up. He watched the boy in front of him carefully, studying his every moment for any sign as to what he was planning. "Why are you up? Is something going on? What's wrong?"

Chara ignored the flower for a bit before saying, "it's time. Don't wake up Frisk." With that, he walked out of the room, not giving a second thought to the flower he was leaving behind, before listening to the voice in his head as he made his way to the kitchen. Opening the fridge, he pulled out a single chocolate bar that he knew Toriel had gotten just for him, stuck it in his mouth before going through the drawers to find a kitchen knife. He prefers his own, but since it's currently in the possession of a stupid, powerful skeleton that has it out for him, it's the best he could do.

"Kill them all, Chara. Destroy every beast you see, and build a world all your own." The voice spoke again, this time louder. "Don't trust anyone, boy, not even your so called friend, Frisk. No one came to help you when you were crying out for help, so why should you care about them? No one cares about poor, little Chara."

Despite the fact that he was annoyed, Chara walked out of his former home once again before walking out to snowdin to finish his work. One by one then two by two, monsters came to him. With a smile on his face, Chara ignored the frightened cries of the monsters as he mercilessly slaughtered them. Watching these creatures cower in front of him, looking up at him with pure agony in their eyes, only added to the fun. It encouraged Chara to continue as the voice in his head praised him.

Once he got into the snowdin village, he noticed the eerie silence as he stepped inside some of the businesses. The store was empty, like he knew it would be when they heard about him, and was just about to check upstairs when he suddenly heard a noise that could only have come from outside.

"Show yourself, coward!" Chara shouted, walking out from the store with the knife in front of him. There was no way he would be caught unprepared for whatever the monsters were planning to do to him. As he suspected, Sans was standing there alone in the snow, his eyes meeting his own as his hands stayed in his pocket. From one look, Chara could tell that he was lost in his own train of thoughts. "Greetings Sans, I didn't think we would ever have a nice little chat again after earlier. Tell me, how does it feel to have everyone you know leave you? No, wait. How does it feel to watch everyone you've ever known die by my hands?"