His request

Once they were home, Toriel laid her boys down on Chara's bed, watching as they cuddled close to each other. As the boys found their comfortable spots, Chara took hold of the golden necklace around his neck. He gave it a little squeeze before letting his eyes close to sleep off the remaining serums in his body.

Frisk was holding Chara's hand as he slowly fell asleep. Like Chara, Frisk held his hand close to his heart as if something special was closed inside. Seeing the boys like this made Toriel very happy as she went to fetch the camera, wanting to capture the adorable moment before it's gone.

As she left the room, Flowey looked down at his friends, taking in Chara's condition before looking over at Frisk. He couldn't help but wonder what had happened to them, after all, it wasn't everyday that he saw his best friend and scariest person he knew get injured this badly. He couldn't believe that Chara would ever let himself get this bad again, not after how hurt he was when he first fell. It was almost impossible to believe that someone like him who was strong enough to kill everyone with no compassion to be so defeated. It was almost like looking back at the past, the Chara who knew nothing of love but would smile anyways, but so desperately needing it to the point where he cried at the new experience.

As he studied the sleeping boys carefully, Flowey could see the dry black substance under his eyes and on the corner of his mouth. Chara's skin was covered in bruises from everywhere he could see. Some had to have been from needles while the others could be from something else. Even Chara's eyes looked drained as if he had no energy to move. The bags under his eyes made it look like he hasn't slept in months. Looking over at the boy next to him, Frisk was simply bruised in several places but overall was just as bad as Chara.

"Guys? What happened? Someone wake up and tell me!" he cried out, hoping to wake one of them. He did have questions for them, but since Toriel left, he didnt want to wait until they woke up on their own. Who knows how long that would be. If there was anything he hated more than sticking around in a stupid flower pot all day, it was the fact that he could no longer go anywhere on his own. In other words, he tends to be the last to know things because Frisk and Toriel don't always tell him everything. "Frisk, Chara! What did they do to you guys?"

Frisk was the one who opened his eyes a bit, turning to the flower by his bedside. If he tried to ignore him, Flowey just might wake up Chara, then who knows what would happen. Chara needed the rest more than he did, so Frisk decided to talk with the flower. With a yawn, Frisk sat up on the bed, making sure Chara was covered with the blanket before asking, "what? I'm sorry for not listening. I'm still kind of tired..."

"What happened to Chara? Why does he look like someone tried to drain the life out of him?" Flowey asked, his eyes meeting the exhausted boy's. "What exactly did they do to him?"

Frisk looked down as a frown took over his face. "They didn't mean to hurt him. I'm sure they had a reason for this, but I can't say for sure. Alpyhs, Sans, and Mettaton were testing stuff on him, and found this weird thing inside him. There's a monster inside Chara, Flowey. One i havent seen before."

"I already knew that. I could see it in his eyes," Flowey stated, making it sound as if it were obvious. "Didn't you notice it? You're with him all the time."

Shaking his head no, Frisk asked, "how could you see it in his eyes?"

"His eyes seem different from the last time I've seen him. I'm not sure how to describe it, but they're different now. It's like it's him, but not him at the same time. You know what I mean?"

Frisk shook his head no, not understanding what Flowey meant by that. How could someone be themselves but not themselves at the same time?

Flowey sighed before saying, "I mean it's like..." Looking around the room, Flowey noticed one of the stuffed animals lying around in the corner before saying, "That! You see that doll? He's like that. Whenever Chara wants to do something or has a bad thought, his eyes change."