Chapter Nine (Rin's POV)

Decided to have Rin’s POV just for this chapter ehehehe...ahhh. DEAL WITH IT

It’s hard to get over my old man. I try not to cry, I didn’t even know I could cry this much. And yet, droplets stain the pillow that’s tightly clenched at my chest. I don’t really know what else I should do, other than look out the window. Yukio’s not here either, which was a let down for once. I really want someone to talk to... Maybe ____’s free for today?  It seems like a good idea, she always makes me feel, well, I don’t know, safe? Maybe comfort? I really like her, and there’s just things about her that attracts me. I look down, disgusted. I can’t show up like this! I guess I’ll  wash my face or something, maybe comb my hair...Change into nicer clothes... Urgh, what am I thinking, I’m just going to say hi, hopefully hang out...Should I ask her out? No, she’ll refuse for sure. I sigh and wipe my tears away with my arm.

I’ll try and look nice for her anyways. I should start with my face...I take a towel and head to the small sink in the corner of the room. I splash the cool water, which was extremely refreshing to the warm tears that have dried on my cheeks. My hands find their way to my ears, which were pointed. I don’t know how I’ll hide them, and what of my teeth?Maybe she won’t notice? No, I’m stupid for thinking she won’t... I-I’ll just have to tell her...tell her the truth...That doesn’t matter now, I just have to get ready. I don’t think I’ll have time to look through my stuff for my comb, so I’ll just have to use my fingers.

Ow...Ow..Ow, ow, ow! God, when was the last time I touched my hair? I look in the mirror to find my shaggy blue hair to be much more reasonable than before. Okay, now clothes. I think a tie would be nice...

<i> ...Yes I remember. The job interview, he taught me how to tie my tie.

It strangled me, I turned slightly blue in the face and the tie wrapped tightly around my upper body, “What the hell?  How am I supposed to get this thing tied right?” I gave up after a while, “Ah, never mind! Forget it!” so I started to make my way towards the job, when I heard my old man.

“Thank you very much, Father.” a lady with her daughter’s hand in hers.

“Don’t mention it. You really needn’t take it to heart.” he said in an unusually mature voice. He kneels down and puts a hand on the young girl’s head, “You’re very fortunate, you know. You have parents you can depend upon, right by your side. If you’re ever frightened, call for your mother or father. And even if that proves insufficient, then it’s time for us exorcists to step in.” I wanted to wait for them to leave, so after a very short conversation, the mother of the child shows her respect and walks out.

My old man waves goodbye to them which is when I told him, “Pretty tough gig, being an exorcist.” he turns back and I walk closer to him, “I mean, your job is to vanquish things that don’t even exist.”

He crosses his arms, “But those demons, they do exist... They exist within our souls.”

“That’s bull. You’re just a glorified guidance counselor.” by now, I’m face to face with him.

“Never mind that...tell me, what kind of attire is that?”