Chapter Ten

You won’t be dependant on anyone anymore. There was a rush, a sensation, of being able to fight for your own opinion, fight your own struggle. You knew that these two will always be here to support you, which gave you more confidence than you already had. Rin was a strong young man. He had been through a lot of mental torture, you knew it wasn’t his fault for being the brawler he was. And Mephisto... he wouldn’t let anything hurt you. He kept you close, he would always keep an eye on you when it was appropriate.

It wasn’t a hard decision at all, you wouldn’t care if you die, no one would. But that was the past. The two men right in front of you would never forgive themselves if you were to pass, something you chose to disbelieve. But you wanted to protect them both and it didn’t matter the strain it put on your thin body. Both Rin and Mephisto were your most precious treasures.

When the words escaped your lips, there was absolute bliss. You were extremely happy to be given the option to clash your opponents. You didn’t exactly know these proclaimed opponents you thought of, but you had to stop them from causing anyone harm.

“Now are you completely sure?” Mephisto says with a furrowed brow. Rin looks at me with his hand on the table, out of his chair.

“I’m one hundred percent sure, Mephisto. Please, allow me to join the cram school.” both he and Rin eye you intensely. You didn’t know what to do in this short time of silence, it was either play with your thumbs or continue to eat the rice bowl as if nothing happened. You chose to stay in their gaze, with a small smile and an extremely relaxed face.

Mephisto quietly snickers and digs in the pocket of his jacket, “Very well, Ms. ____. You will only be attending the cram school so all you’d need-,” he pulls out a golden key and sets it down next to your hand that was resting on the table, “-is this. It’s a key to the cram school.” he looks at Rin and throws him an identical key with a grin, “Here’s your key, Rin. In a few minutes, I’ll show you two to the door that uses that key. Eat quickly~” with that, he takes his leave with only you and Rin in the isolated cafeteria.

You were desperate to start a conversation with the blue-haired boy, “Rin, how have you been?” you say with a bit of concern.

“I’ve been okay. Listen, ___, are you sure about being an exorcist?”

“I told you I was. I want to rid the world of the demons that caused pain in my heart. There are only two demons I’d ever spare.” you said, slightly annoyed by Rin’s pestering protectiveness.

He scoffed quietly, “Exorcist classes start tonight. Do you um, maybe wanna, I don’t know, hang out until then..?” his sharp tone gradually became gentler and a small blush came to his face.

You giggled, he was still a little fun to tease, but you also didn’t want to disappoint him, “Sure~! I just need to get ready... um, can you knock on my door in an hour?”

Rin blushed and looked away, extremely excited for the day that was to come. He nodded, “Mephisto’s waiting for us. If you’re done with your food, we shouldn’t keep him waiting.”

You look down at your rice bowl. You still had a little left, but you were really full, “Okay, let’s go.”

It was a regular door that he lead the two of you to. He motioned you two to open the door, leading you to jerk the key inside. You twisted it, and it opened. He showed you to the class, and then walked you (leaving Rin in the dust) back to your dorm, hand in hand.

You thanked Mephisto with a beaming smile, and locked the door. It was time to get ready...

You started with a shower. There wasn’t anywhere to take a shower in your room, so you had to go to the dorm’s bathroom, hoping nobody would see you.

You were lucky. No one came in, so you wrapped the towel tightly at your chest and started walking out. You heard a door open, and you became a blushing mess. Rin emerged from the doorway, and saw you. His eyes widened and he blushed, perhaps even more than you, “____! I-I...Where are you coming from?!? I- s-sorry!” he slammed the door shut and locked the door.

You sighed, your blush fading away. Opening your door, you let the towel fall and start looking for clothes. You bought a (f/c) summer dress that reached your knees. It only hugged you upper features and you thought it was perfect for your date. First, you put a robe back on so the dress wouldn’t get wet, and start blow-drying your hair. Then, you combed through it, and began to braid it. Ms. Uzumi taught you various types of braids, such as french, fishtail, and a simple regular braid. You went with the fishtail, and started working through your hair.

Amaimon bought you some eyeliner (it wasn’t on the list though...), so you put it on with a delicate wing. Now you changed into the new lingerie you got the day before, your favorite ones.

You slipped into your dress. You were thrilled to see that you had put on some lost weight. It was showing in your hips.

You turned around and smiled. It was perfect. You waited patiently for Rin to knock... A few minutes later...

<i> knock knock knock </i>

You jumped up and quite literally ran to the door. You couldn’t wait to see the look on Rin’s face when he saw you. And after you jerked the door open with the biggest smile you could muster, Rin became red in the face and was gaping at you in awe, “You look amazing, ____.” he gave you his hand, “L-let’s go.”

You nod, still keeping your smile, and gladly take his hand.