🗝Chapter Five: Affinity and Auras

This chapter is dedicated to TheBigSquirrel

All the lava to you

Sir Luca paired them up and Morganna thanked what ever God that was watching over her for pairing her up with someone other than Doiris.

The person who stood in front of her with his sword ready to attack was a man just as tall as her, maybe a little more so. He had short brown hair and a matching beard and blue eyes that flashed wickedly in the sunshine.

"Heyo girly, nice to meet'cha!" He swayed and dodge a half hearted blow from her. "I'm glad they paired us together, I've been itching to talk to you for a while now. Names Larrlick, just so you know."

Morganna parried a return blow as she glanced down at the red and brown that encircled his wrists.

"Nice to meetcha too, Larrlick. I gotta say I'm glad we're paired too. Honestly anyone would have been better than that fool."

She didn't even have to say who she spoke of, his eyes followed hers to the idiot from earlier.

He laughed heartily. "Indeed, I think I would have stabbed myself in the ol' coin person rather than get him. Ten bronze coins that he either leaves or gets kicked out within the year."

Morganna stopped for a second and covered her mouth, trying to hide the laughter that burbled up in her throat. She couldn't and bent over as she clutched her sides.

She knew other people were watching her but she didn't care. Finally after a moment, she pulled herself together and wiped away a tear.

"You're on, I say six months at the most though, no way will he make it to a year."

Larrlick put his hand up and without thinking she high fived him before hurriedly returning to the stance Sir Luca had told them to practice.

Their training ended with many of them, save Morganna and a few others, out of breath and extremely tired. Though she was sweaty, Morganna felt good. Larrlick as well seemed happy. It was obvious that he had atleast some previous training and that it was nothing to him.

Sir Luca released them to lunch with specific instructions to return to the classroom by the time the clock tower chimed twelve.

Morganna, feeling ravenous, made her way to Ruby and Lilli with Larrlick in tow. In the corner of her eye she could see Van walking aimlessly towards the dining hall, and before she knew it, he had joined them as well.

After getting their food they all sat at a table and chatted.

"I swear I almost pissed myself when you started laughing like a maniac, Morganna." Food shot out of Ruby's mouth as she talked.

"Yes it was funny, but watch yourself. Eat like a human." Chided Lilli as she wiped a bit of chicken off her chest with a scowl.

Larrlick beamed and tore into his own piece of chicken like predator tearing apart it's prey.

"I like them, they're fun."

Morganna grinned as she dumped her own onto his plate.

"I know. Anyways, Van, are you going to eat your potatoes?" Van shook his head and offered her his plate.

Taking the potatoes from him, she stuffed her mouth full and looked along the table at the little group that had formed. Despite her apprehensions on what it would be like, she could never imagined she'd meet such interesting and fun people. The next four years of her life were going to be fun if they stayed by her side.