🗝Chapter Nine: New People

Surprisingly, in what felt like the blink of an eye, their first year had passed in a blur and many of the fourth year students had graduated, leaving the academy to start their service to the dukedom. Many of the others had gone home for a few weeks on a break, leaving the academy almost eerily quiet.

It had an almost haunted feel to it, the kind that made ones whole body shiver as the wind passed through the trees and the leaves rustled. She enjoyed the feeling, but at the same time wished that her friends were there with her.

Morganna refused to go home, as did Lilli and the two of them spent their first few days exploring the neighboring areas, though they quickly grew bored with it. They bemoaned their other friends for leaving them alone, but deep down they were happy that their friends had the ability to go home when they couldn't.

Each friend had offered to take them with, but both couldn't bring themselves to accept it, and so they stayed.

The two weeks the others were gone passed just as slowly as they did quickly.

She found herself super excited for their return and stared out her window with Lilli waiting fervently for the first glimpse of the returning students.

"Woah, look at that guy!" Lilli shouted in Morganna's ear.

"Don't yell in my ear, Lilli!" She playfully shoved her friend away. "Also, who?"

Morganna scanned the incoming students, trying to see who Lilli was talking about. There were several unfamiliar people walking towards the building and few caught her eyes.

There was a tall bald man with a large blonde beard. Looking at him, she lifted a brow and questioned Lilli. Lilli shook her head and pointed near him.

There was another a small skinny boy that seemed like he was quivering as he walked, again, she looked at Lilli, extremely confused.

Finally, after slapping Morganna gently on the back of the head to get her to be serious, she pointed at a figure in the distance.

Instantly her eyes landed on a third man.

Long legs sauntered across the field, the man had long brown hair that fell past his shoulders, it fluttered in the wind and she couldnt be more envious of him, though it was shorter than her own. His face was quiet attractive and proportionate from what she could tell. The closer he got, the more she saw.

He had almond shaped brown eyes that sparkled under the sun, and a goofy, almost puppy like expression. His nose was neither too long nor too short and had an almost regal look to it. His mouth was set in a slightly cocky grin that surprisingly gave him an air of being down to earth.

Overall he was a very, very attractive man, and even though she couldn't see auras, she could almost feel the good vibes radiating off of him.

He was without a doubt the one Lilli was talking about.

"He's handsome, but he looks too damn happy." She said in an almost disgusted tone.

Lilli scrunched up her face for a second before bursting into laughter.

"You're right, he does."

They'd talked about that kinda thing before, and Morganna had admitted her intense dislike for overly positive and happy people, she said they made her sick. Maybe it stemmed from her upbringing or because Morganna herself was rather cynical, but it disgusted her completely.

"Remind me to stay away from him," She said laughing. Her laughter completely stopped when she saw the familiar blonde hair of the man she didn't want to see.