Chapter Two: Now Look What You Did

Alex's POV
That red headed girl ran past me outside of Joe's crying, which i felt a little bad about but honestly she doesn't know what it's like to spend months with a sick child trying to save them and then to just loose them. It sucks and all i wanted to do was get away from Jo trying to comfort me and just have a damn drink, but no that girl just had to stare. Shouting from all around me breaks me out of my thoughts, "is anyone a doctor?" "someone help," "she's not moving," i look up to where all the commotion is coming from and my stomach drops. The girl from the bar is laying lifeless in the middle of the street, and that is when my doctor side kicks in. "Everyone move now, I'm a doctor i work at Seattle Grace/Mercy West and i need you all to back up," i shout while making my way towards her. I grab a random person by the arm and shout, "go to the hospital right over there and tell them doctor Karev needs as much help as he can get, and get an ambulance." After she runs off looking frightened i turn my attention back to the girl, i check to see if shes breathing and sigh in relief when i get signs of life. I continue assessing her until i hear chief Hunt behind me, I quickly tell him what happened as we let the paramedics that just pulled up check her out further, once they finished she was placed in the ambulance and we headed back to the hospital. Once inside she was immediately taken to an OR because she was bleeding internally, she had several more injuries but they could be handled after the bleeding was taken care of. I chose not to scrub in with Christina and instead wanted to see if i could figure out who she was, so i went back to check the hoodie she was wearing for an ID. I found her hoodie and was lucky to find her ID which informed me her name was Rowan Collins, i quickly sprinted back to the OR and informed them of who she was. Once i did that i sat and watched because i really didn't know what else to do. It seemed like days had passed before Christina was finally closing and i was sighing in relief because one hurdle was crossed and she was so far still alive. Once she was back in her room Callie and Jo put her broken arm and leg back in place while she was still knocked out. After all of that was done we decided to let her rest before we pushed her body any further with the minor facial reconstruction stuff she would have to have. I stayed outside her room until i had to go deal with patients, but asked a nurse to page me when she woke up.

Rowan's POV
My chest hurts, my right arm and leg are burning, my head is on fire, my face hurts, and i am more than confused. I slowly blink open my eyes and see that i am in a hospital (i mean the machines, wires, and hospital blankets give it away) and i become even more confused. I hear somebody yell she's awake and about .1 second later I'm surrounded by nurses checking pretty much every part of my body. Minutes pass and I'm still being poked at when a familiar voice is heard, "ok you vultures back up and let me examine the damn patient," he yells as he enters the room. Seriously i run into this guy for a second time and the only thing I'm sure about is he yells a lot."Hmm hi angry doctor guy from the bar that yells too damn much," i grumble at him noticing my throat is way dry and the drugs i am on are making me brave. "Well hello bitchy, nosey girl who got herself hit by a car, I'm not gonna yell at you right now," he replies "wait what?" i ask him seriously confused."Yea genius you ran all teary eyed into oncoming traffic and i had to save your damn life," he replies with a cocky smirk. I sit there silent for a few minutes while everything comes back to me and realize he is the one that put me in that situation in the first place. "If you weren't such an asshole Alex i wouldn't have been in that situation in the first place," i snap at him "first off its Doctor Karev because you shouldn't know my name, and second off i am sorry Rowan i shouldn't have let my bad day ruin somebody elses," he responds looking me in the eye. "Well it looks like we both shouldn't know the others name but we do, i don't take you as someone who says he's sorry a lot so i forgive you," i tell him with a small smile. He smiles back and does a quick check up on me to see if I'm healing right, once finished he sits on the edge of my bed and looks at me very intensely. "Alright, you're probably gonna hate this but you have a broken leg, arm, lots of facial cuts that require minor reconstruction, and you were bleeding internally. So to cut straight to it you are gonna need to stay here while you heal for about two weeks and then we can get plastics in here to discuss what needs to be done." All i can do is nod my head,"can i or you call my work and let them know? My phone is on the chair," Alex nods and heads to my phone he says he'll do it and exits the room. I look around and wonder what the hell I'm gonna do for two weeks in this hospital by myself. In the middle of my thoughts Alex comes back in, "did you have family you wanted me to call because you're clear from work," he asks scratching his head "no I've been an orphan ish for as long as i can remember," i tell him with no emotion "well we got off on the wrong foot and i don't have anywhere to be for a while so lets share my life is shitty stories and see who wins," he says smirking and pulling a chair up next to my bed, and for the next few hours that is exactly what we did. Alex won.