Chapter Eight: Dreaming of Avery

Rowan's POV
It's now Friday and my physical therapy has been going great, I'm not completely healed yet I've got three weeks to go but I'm still doing ok. Jackson has been meeting me at the nurses desk every morning and walking me to PT, he also has been carrying me out to his car and driving me home every night as well. Living with Jo and Alex is a lot of fun but they are like parents sometimes and Lex and Mark are like your annoying aunt and uncle. I love the four of them but i want to kill them sometimes too it's a great friendship :). Tonight is the first night i will be staying with Jackson and i can't wait but PT comes first as always. "Row Bow you need to get your pretty little booty up so we can get to PT ," Mark says entering my bedroom. He sees that I'm fully dressed and smirks "i like babysitting you because you listen well, seriously glad they had the morning shift," he says as i smack his arm and grab my crutch. "Jackson waiting for you when we get there?" he asks as we start driving "yes Mark he is which means it's time for you to but the hell out," i reply shooting him a smirk, he sends one back and continues to the hospital. When we finally get there I'm handed over to Jackson as usual and we make our way to PT with small talk and laughs in the same position as always. PT goes smoothly and when I'm done I'm greeted by Jackson smiling that beautiful smile. "Hi there gorgeous shall we?" he asks walking up to me with a smirk before scooping me up in his arms and carrying me out of the hospital like he has been for several days now. We get to his car and he puts me in the passenger seat like always, but this time he isn't taking us to my place he is taking us to his house and I'm more excited than i've ever been.

Jackson's POV
The car ride seemed longer than it was because I'm nervous as hell for how this is gonna go, this weekend sets the tone for the rest of our relationship(if there is even gonna be a relationship) and i just really don't want to screw this up. Finally after a while we pull up to my apartment and i grab a sleeping Rowan in my arms and carry her inside. Once i get her inside she slowly starts to wake up."Well hello sleepy head we are finally here," i say as i set her down on the couch. "Mmm hi, really nice place," she says with a small smile as she stretches and looks around. "Thank you. Did you wanna go back to sleep or did you wanna do something?" i ask not really knowing what to do. "Do you have popcorn and some movies doctor Avery?" she asks giving me this sexy as hell smirk that makes me wanna kiss her. "Yes Rowan Collins i have popcorn and movies I'll get the popcorn and you go ahead and look in that cabinet under the TV for a movie," i say as i help her stand and then head for the kitchen. This girl is going to be the death of me and i really want her to be, it sounds crazy but she is everything i have ever dreamed of. I finish up the popcorn and peek my head out of the kitchen and see Rowan sitting peacefully back on the couch with Peter Pan in her lap. I smile to myself and make my way towards her "switch me," i say handing her the bowl and taking the movie. I put it in, turn the lights down, and make my way to the couch where i sit down and pull Rowan as close as i can without it being weird. Throughout the movie Rowan keeps scooting a little bit closer until her head is resting on my shoulder and my arm is wrapped around her. We spend the entire movie like this and when it's over i look down to see that Rowan is back asleep, with a small smile to myself i unravel from her and pick her up to carry her to my room. I get her set up in my bed and grab a pillow and an extra blanket, and then i make my way back to the couch. I don't want to freak her out so i choose to sleep out here and let her have her own space.

Rowan's POV
I slowly start to wake up with sun shining down on me, which is weird because i always close my curtains. As i start to wake up more i realize why it's so weird: I'm in Jackson's house in what must be Jackson's bed. As i realize this i look around to see if he is next to me and sigh in relief or frustration(not sure which) when i notice he isn't. I decide to go look where he is and i find him snuggled up on the couch in the living room. I can't help but smile because he gave up his bed so i wouldn't feel rushed or awkward. I decide to make him breakfast as a way to say thank you (im lucky he put my crutch by the bed because his apartment is huge and i still shouldn't be walking fully on my leg). Once in the kitchen i set my crutch down and use the counters to limp back and forth, i decide on pancakes sausage and bacon. I spend the next 45 minutes making an amazing breakfast for my amazing host. While I'm in the middle of deciding how to wake him up i hear a very sexy morning voice behind me. "You're making me breakfast, can i keep you?" he says making his way into the kitchen. "Let's see how this weekend goes and then we can talk," i reply setting his plate down in front of him at the table. He doesn't say anything after that he just pulls a chair out for me and gets my food and us each a glass of juice before returning to the seat next to me. We are both pretty silent during breakfast just enjoying the time we are having and the food. Once done Jackson grabs our plates and cleans them before helping me to the bathroom so i can take a bath. He sets out towels and everything i will need and then leaves me be. I spend the next hour just soaking in the tub and enjoying the idea of being with Jackson Avery and maybe wishing he was in here with me. I finish up and realize that i don't have any other clothes with me and i start to freak out until i hear a knock on the door. "Rowan if you're decent can i come in?" he asks, i quickly pull the plug on the bath and wrap myself in a towel and yell a quick ya to him. He opens the door and does a quick scan of what i look like and a smirk platers his face, "damn that is not what i meant by decent but i like it," he says as his smirk grows. "Jackson stop what do you want?" i say looking away in embarrassment, "you are beautiful Rowan don't be embarrassed i brought you some clothes from your place," he replies setting a bag down next to the tub. "Thank you so much," i say smiling at him, he nods his head and goes to make his way out the door. Before he gets there he stops and makes his way back to me, he plants a kiss on both of my cheeks and my forehead before he finally makes his way out the door. Jackson Avery is killing me and I'm happy about it.