Chapter Three: Healing

Rowan's POV
"Alex it has been 4 days and the only person i see is you and your ugly mug, leave me alone and bring me back a girl to talk to," i say to Alex as he enters my hospital room. Staying here for two weeks plus some didn't seem that bad when i was first told, but Alex is the only person i see in the early morning, every time he doesn't have patients, and at night before he goes home. I have learned everything about his life and he's learned everything about mine, we have gone over the basics like favorite food, color, song, movie, what we are scared of, our favorite pass times, and all that little stuff. We also went through the intense stuff like relationships, family, regrets, mistakes, all his hospital friends and their lives, and all of that fun stuff. We know everything about each other and are pretty much best friends. "Fine asshole i see how you are, ill go grab little Grey and Jo," he replies before exiting the door he just came through. 10 minutes pass by and then Alex's beautiful girlfriend enters the room(he's pointed her out to me several times since I've been here). "Hi Jo, I'm Rowan Alex's charity case he's told me everything about you so no need for introductions come here and talk to me your boyfriend bores me," i ramble at her while patting the bed next to me. "Hi Rowan, Alex has told me all about you too and Lexie will be here soon she's in surgery, you are just as awesome as he says lets talk breaking bones," she replies with a small laugh as she makes her way over to the bed. For the next hour we talk about orthopedics, she tells stories i haven't heard, and we become friends just like Alex and i. After our hour together she gets paged and has to leave but Lexie comes 10 minutes after Jo leaves and i spend my time with her for the next 2 hours until Alex interrupts us. "Alright Lex let us be she has to eat something and Rowan and i have been separated for too long," Alex says with a smile, Lexie gives me a hug and says she'll be back after her next surgery. Alex sits down next to me with two McDonald's burgers two fries and two chocolate milkshakes. We talk about my time with the girls as i eat my lunch, Alex sneaks me in a different fastfood every day and i seriously love him for it. When lunch is finished he heads back to work and promises to come by later and i decided its the best time for me to take a nap.

3 hours later
All of the sudden i am woken out of a deep sleep by shouting and lots of commotion. I slowly sit up in my bed and peak out the door, i look just in time to spot Lexie running by. "Lex what's going on?" i ask and she screeches to a stop "um i cant really give you information about patients, but i can tell you that there was a major pile up involving a bus, several cars, and a motorcycle," she says talking barley above a whisper. "That is the only exciting thing that has happened in these 4 days Lex, keep me updated please," i say pouting my lips out and giving her my best puppy dog eyes she shakes her head, shoots me a smile, and says fine before rushing off to help save lives. I try to relax but the excitement has me wide awake and i wait impatiently for Lexie to come back and update me. I stare at the clock and see 2 and a half hours has passed and i start to get bored of waiting. Right as I'm about to get up and limp myself out of this hospital bed Lexie barges through the door. "Get your ass back in that bed Collins you are so impatient," she says while pulling the chair up to my bed. I laugh but say nothing while situating back against my pillow, with a sigh Lexie starts, "Ok Row, the motorcycle driver passed away and two other people that were on the bus passed away, the injuries are insane, gross, artificial, life changing, well there is pretty much every type of injury you can think of. It is super scary out there and we aren't sure who is gonna survive and who isn't," she finishes with tears coming to her eyes "Lex come her," i whisper holding my arms open. She slowly makes her way towards me and i spend the next 10 mins hugging her while she cries. I may have just met her and Jo today but Alex told me all about them and i can't help but feel like these two girls were always meant to be in my life. As if reading my mind Lexie says,"I've know you for less than a day but i know you are going to be a life long friend Rowan, thank you" i don't say anything i just hug her tighter. After our hug fest Lexie gets paged and has to leave to assist the others in fixing this mess. The rest of the day is spent with me in bed watching pointless TV while Lexie visits every couple of hours to update me on the progress. The day slowly comes to an end and i haven't seen Lexie, Jo, or Alex in a while which starts to worry me, as if on cue (these three are damn mind readers) the three of them come waltzing through the door with to go boxes. I smiley brightly and wave them all in. Alex places one of the boxes on my lap and winks at me which makes me practically rip the lid off the container in excitement. "Steak!!!?? You guys freaking rule, get over here and hug me," i shout while moving my box so i can hug my new best friends. They all laugh and make their way over to my bed, it is seriously a picture perfect moment because Jo is right next to me with her arms around my neck, Lex is on Jo's lap with her arms around us both, and Alex is on the other side of me hugging all of us with a smile breaking through his fake scowl. I never imagined i would be laid up in the hospital injured beyond belief with three doctor friends hugging me on my bed, but I'm beyond glad it's happening. "Alright boo eat your food and get some rest, I'm gonna take this lug home and we will see you tomorrow," Jo says before kissing my cheek and dragging Alex out the door. "Well I've got nowhere to be Mark is on overnights tonight so if you don't mind i'd like to crash here with you," Lex says with a smile. I smile so big i think my face might get stuck that way,"seriously Lex stay as long as you want i have never had a sleepover in my life," i squeal while scooting over and making room for her. The rest of the night is filled with giggles and a smile i can't seem to remove until we both eventually fall asleep wrapped up like sisters.