Chapter Five:We Love You

Day 14 Rowan's POV
"WE LOVE YOU ROWAN," is all i hear as i jolt up in my hospital bed, once my eyes adjust i see my four newfound best friends surrounding my bed. Mark has like a billion balloons in his hands, Lexie has four different cards, Jo is holding a huge bouquet of flowers, and Alex has a cake that says we love you. I instantly start crying once i take it all in which causes my four friends to put everything down and rush over to me to make sure I'm not in any pain(they are doctors what can i say). I can't help but laugh at the four of them being so concerned, this causes them to break away and laugh with me. Once i calm down Alex cuts the cake and we all have some before i open the cards. Alex got me a card with a cat on it that says get well soon with his number and address written in pen. Jo got me a card with two sad puppies that says when you miss your best friend it's the worst, the card also has her number and says i live with Alex in pen. Lexie got me a card that says best friends are hard to come by which makes you special and the inside says ed with her number and address in pen. The last card is Marks and it says thank you and has no words on the inside except the ones he wrote which say, for letting me fix your ugly mug with his number and the same address as Lexie wrote. I give them each a hug and thank them for being so awesome,"Lex grab my phone i gotta enter your numbers and stuff now because as soon as I'm better i will be using them." Lexie grabs my phone and they all just make small talk as i enter the numbers. Later today i will be sat in a room with Mark and Jackson Avery(who i still haven't seen) so they can fix the minor things going on with my face. Mark says its nothing that requires too much work so when he is done i will be able to meet with Callie and get my casts removed.

5 hours later
It's finally time for Mark and Jackson to work on my face and i can't help but be a little nervous because i still don't know who doctor Avery is and Lex says he and i would make a perfect couple. It's not like i had any intentions of finding someone to be with but honestly i haven't had many boyfriends and it would be nice to have someone to spend my time with. I know it's a little out there to think that i will end up with a doctor when I'm just a patient, but I've already made four best friends who are all pretty kick ass doctors and surgeons so i honestly think i might have a shot. Mark entering my room knocks me out of my thoughts "alright my lady lets get your face fixed and get those damn casts off you," he says with a smile. Mark puts me in my wheelchair and heads to wherever the hell he is taking me. He gets me all set up and before he can start working someone steps into the room and my jaw hits the floor.

i see this beautiful masterpiece standing in front of me and i swear i forgot how to breath

i see this beautiful masterpiece standing in front of me and i swear i forgot how to breath. "Sorry I'm late i had to do a consult real quick, hi I'm doctor Avery," he says making his way towards me and extending his hand. I just stare for a few seconds with my mouth hanging open before Mark jumps in, "yea she knows who you are Avery, this is Rowan the patient me, Lex, Karev, and Wilson can't stop talking about. She would shake your hand but she thinks you're hot and forgot how to breath," he says almost laughing at me. Damn Mark he just never knows how to shut up. "Well thanks for the embarrassing intro Mark i hate you. Hi doctor Avery very nice to meet you, please ignore him," i say grabbing Jackson's hand and shaking it. "Don't worry about it i have no problem ignoring him, but you are quite beautiful so don't be ashamed," he says with a wink before getting settled in to help Mark. The next few hours are spent with the two of them having friendly banter while working to make me beautiful again. The time passes pretty quickly and before i know it we are done. "Alright Rowan you can't see it now i put some bandages around the areas we worked on but in about 2 more weeks you will be completely healed. Avery is gonna take you to meet with Callie and then we will see what happens." he says before exiting the room. "I guess it's just us then, let's get you to Callie and see if you can go home yet," Jackson says helping me into my wheelchair. Once we get to Callie he stays with me for some reason while she removes the casts and checks out the healing process. "Rowan you are a true badass you are almost 100% healed which is shocking, but some people get lucky and are quick healers. So what i want you to do is use one crutch on your left side to help you get around until we work your arm and leg back up to perfection. We will meet every day for the next month here to do physical therapy, so just take it easy and you're free to go," she says smiling. I look at Jackson and I'm not sure what comes over me but i throw my arms around him in a hug which he returns. "Sorry I'm not sure why i did that i guess I'm just happy i get to go home," i say blushing a tad bit once we pull away. "Don't worry about it Rowan as far as I'm concerned you are pretty much family around here, everyone talks about you and they all love you," he says shooting me a smile. He helps me limp back to my room and helps me collect my stuff, he also puts me in a wheelchair and takes me downstairs to the lobby. When we get there my four besties are waiting for me, i quickly inform them of what Callie said and they all cheer in excitement. "That is bad ass Row, let's get your ass home so we can get you healed 100%," Alex says grabbing the crutch out of my hands and helping me stand. "Hey doctor Avery, thanks for staying with me and helping me out i appreciate it," i say looking at him with a smile. "Call me Jackson, you are very welcome Rowan i can't wait to see you again," he says shooting me a very sexy smile. As he walks away I'm swarmed by my friends asking endless questions, i ignore them all and grab the crutch from Alex. They help me to the door and Alex ends up driving me back to his and Jo's place claiming that i will stay with them until I'm fully healed. I choose not to argue telling him that he is gonna have to take me to my apartment tomorrow to get clothes, which he agrees to. The rest of the night is spent with thoughts of Jackson Avery in my head.