They're onto me...

Minato walked up to Kakashi who was deep in his thoughts that he didn't know was full of sorrow and memories of the war.

"Kakashi?" he said gently. 'I'm going to have to bring this up with the hokage.' he thought.

Kakashi looked startled from his thoughts and looked up at his sensei. Minato could of sworn that he saw the sharingan but he quickly put it off because it was impossible. He also noticed that Kakashi's eyes kind of looked blank. Like he was trying to hide something in his eyes.

"Yes Minato sensei?" Kakashi asked with his voice neutral. On the inside though, Kakashi wanted to hug Minato and never let go.

"Um, uh... actually all of you are invited to bbq with the other teams," Minato said quickly.

"Why?" Kakashi questioned.

"It's a secret," Minato said racking his brain for this said secret.

"YEAH!" Obito said excitedly. "I'm in!"

"Me too," Rin said excitedly as well.

'She's a lot like Sakura.' Kakashi thought in sorrow.

"What about you Kakashi?" Minato questioned.

"Yeah, sure," Kakashi said stuffing his hands in his pockets.

This was not going to go well.

Kakashi's POV

I shouldn't of agreed to this. There is no way I can face them. I could barely keep it in with Obito and Rin. How am I supposed to handle Guy and Asuma? Given Asuma didn't fight in the war. He was murdered my a immortal guy who did everything in the name of his false god. 

Now they're alive. They're alive... but Naruto. Sasuke. Sakura. They're not alive. They don't even exist! Why did I come out alive? Why couldn't one of them traveled to the past? I'm useless. I can't do anything. I could only watch as they died.

Wait.

Over there in the corner...

Why do I see him?

Only the upper half of his body there.

A smirk on his lips.

One eye red and black and the other purple.

Blood.

Why do I see so much blood?

And Obito.

Scarred and broken.

Why is he behind him?

Sword in hand.

Why is that sword covered in the blood of my student?

So much blood.

Why am I hearing his last words.

The great Sasuke Uchiha's last words.

"You guys better win."

Life leaving his eyes.

What was left of his body going limp-

Like a disposable rag doll.

All that was left was a smirk.

What's the point in living if you're just going to die?

Die like my students did.

Horrible bloody deaths.

And all I could do...

Was watch.

Tears ran down my face. I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't face them. Not like this.

I came to fix the past, but what's the point if my student's aren't here with me? They don't even exist! And that's my fault.

I can't do this.

I might as well die. Join my students in the after life.

Wait. They don't exist... If I die, they'll never be my students. I can't join them in the after life if they're not there. No! They have to be my student's. They will exist soon... right?

Man up Kakashi Hatake. Now go save the future.

...

'Where's Icha Icha when I need it?' I internally groaned.

I am currently at the BBQ house where sensei told us to meet, on time, and no one is here. 

'I think I just got stood up.' I thought. 'I've been waiting here for an hour! Might as well go home...'

I began to walk over to my apartment slowly. I didn't feel like jumping there. It took everything I had to stop my emotional breakdown.

"KAKASHI!" I heard a voice yell that I immediately recognized. "MY YOUTHFUL ETERNAL RIVAL! COME WITH MEEEEEE! I MUST SHOW YOU SOMETHING!"

I wasn't sure if I should cry, be happy, or annoyed that Guy's back. Sure I consider him a good friend... but... I'm sure that the after life was having a great time with him. Him and Lee.

Lee...

"ARE YOU COMING MY HIP AND COOL RIVAL?" Guy asked- no, shouted.

Not having anything better to do I agreed. Guy immediately began to run (on his hands) into the forest. For a 12 year old boy running on hands, he can sure run fast. I began to run to keep up with him.

We ran for about 10 minutes until we came into a clearing.

"What's this about Guy?" I asked boredly.

"Sorry Kakashi," I heard a deep male voice say. "But this is for your own good."

With those words. The world went black.

{June 18, 2018}