Two

Emily looked her daughter up and down, yeah sure she was annoyed that Evelynn had basically ran away from home but she was right there, in front of her. Evelynn could have gone anywhere in the World but she went to Virginia to her. This choked Emily up, but then again, why wouldn't it?

Emily enveloped her not so little girl in her arms and held her close. Emily's smile brightened more as she felt Evelynn cuddle her head into her mother.

"As amazing as it is that you're here, do you want to tell me why John called me panicking when Claudia found your bed empty?"

"Saying no won't get me out of this will it?" Evelynn asked

"Nope," Emily stated as she gently nudged Evelynn into a chair.

"I was tired of people saying you gave me up because your job isn't a good one to be in when you have children and seeing other girls with their moms made me miss you more," Evelynn admitted sadly, refusing to meet her mother's eyes.

"Evelynn..." Emily began as she knelt down to Evelynn's level.

"I just want to be with you,"

Emily kissed her head and wrapped her arms around Evelynn, silently relived that she could now come clean to her team about her baby and keep her there, where they both needed to be.

Meanwhile, in the Roundtable room, JJ was trying to place where she had seen those eyes before.

"Penelope can you look up an Evelynn Reynolds, I'd say around 15 years ago in England,"

"I'd need more than that sugar," Penelope replied.

JJ cursed under her breath as Spencer came in with coffee, deliberately passing Emily's office to see what he could see inside.

"Whose Emily got in the office?" He asked

"An Evelynn Reynolds," Penelope explained as Spencer sat beside JJ.

Knowing her team would start to get curious, Emily released her hold of Evelynn and stood up. Evelynn tucked her raven hair behind her ears and bit her lip.

"Well, there is no use in me sending you home, so let's get you introduced to my team," Emily smiled.

"The team that you said is like a family?"

"The very same," Emily smiled as Evelynn set her backpack on top of her suitcase.

Emily put an arm around her and they walked from the office, they walked along the catwalk and into the RoundTable room where seven pairs of eyes were on them instantly. Being made nervous by this, Evelynn stood closer to her mother trying to shield herself from so many eyes that she was going to meet in less than thirty seconds.

"Everyone I would like to introduce you to Evelynn," Emily stood aside from her daughter slightly and it was Matt who spoke up first.

"Is she family? You can see you both are related,"

Evelynn bit her lip, this was the part she dreaded. She knew who her father was and what happened between both he and her mother. She also knew what pain her father had caused her mother and her team, this could not end well surely.

"This is where I come clean, when I was under cover working with Ian Doyle, I got close to him as most of you know but when I was removed from his villa, I found out, that had taken more than just memories away with me," Emily began

The room was silent and you could almost hear the cogs in Spencer's head ticking trying to put two and two together.

"After a week or two of thinking I had a bad stomach flu, I went to the doctor and fund out that I was actually five weeks pregnant with Evelynn,"

Gasps and other comments whispered around the room which made Evelynn's heart race. This was it, make or break. She could handle the break in all honesty but the make was what was scaring her. They all knew what her father was and they could accept her as their own. Make her feel like she belonged there. As part of their family.

"So, Ian Doyle is her father?" Spencer asked first

Emily nodded "I moved to Russia where I changed my name and stayed until she was six months old, I then put her up for an open adoption and made sure I knew the parents who were going to take her, John and Claudia were my safest bet, I knew them from years before at college and they both moved to Paris so I knew that they would be impossible to find and Evelynn could grow up away from all of the chaos,"

"Does she know about Declan?" JJ asked

"I know about all of it, my dad, my brother, what my dad did to you all as well as my mom, she never kept anything from me," Evelynn piped up.

"I went to her as much as I could and when I had to go into hiding, John and Claudia followed with her so I could still be close to her, then when I moved to London, I had Evelynn with me at the weekends,"

"But why only tell us now?" Spencer asked, more confused than angry.

"I had to keep her safe and by the time Ian was gone, Evelynn was well adjusted, she had friends and was doing amazing in school, I didn't want to mess things up again for her or for you guys, you all had been through so much already without me adding that on to it," Emily took a breath and looked at her team.

"She did it to keep me safe but then I decided that I wanted to live here with her instead of with my adopted parents in England, please don't hate my mom for trying to protect me,"

This time it was Garcia who spoke aloud as she approached the young teen.

"Oh sweetie, we don't hate your mom, she would die literally to keep the ones she loves safe, she very nearly did too,"

"Does this mean I can stay?" Evelynn looked at her mother's team and then her mother, who simply nodded.

"I know this will take a while to sink in and I also know that not everyone will be thrilled about this but this is the last secret I have kept from you all, but I hope you can understand why I did it," Emily spoke softly.

JJ stepped forward and embraced her boss tightly as the team gathered around Evelynn to introduce themselves to her.

"She really looks like you Em," JJ said smiling watching the team "But her eyes, their..."

"Ian's I know, part of me wishes he could have met her and be in her life but her safety meant more than playing happy families with a family annihilator,"

"And Declan? Does he know?"

"Not yet, but when the time is right, I will get them both together and explain everything,"

JJ nodded as they joined in with their team.